1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Dress Shirts for the Tall

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by explodingtaco, Jan 26, 2013.

1. explodingtaco

explodingtaco New Member

First post here, and yes I have searched :)

I am 6'4" but have even longer arms than most of my contemporaries. Currently I own 17x38 shirts. The sleeves are good, maybe a little long but 37 is too short. I am prob a 16.5 to 16.75 neck. The problem is I need new work shirts for a new job as I am moving from business casual to professional. I currently own nordsrtoms brand shirts and they seem fine but as I have lost weight they no longer work. They always were a little baggy but I let it slide. I found a local Taylor who gets great reviews that will custom make me shirts for 125-150 each but for work shirts that will wear out too quickly I would like to spend 80 or less per shirt. Does a 16.5x38 exist (as I have not found one) and if so can I get it for my price.

Thanks

Edit: even for work shirts I like untreated shirts. I will get wrinkle free if that is all I can get but prefer not.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  2. Midnight

Midnight Well-Known Member

Both TM Lewin and Charles Tyrwhitt do a 16.5 inch neck and a 38 inch sleeve.

3. Geezer

Geezer Senior member

Harvie and Hudson also do some shirts (usually staples like plain white) with a 38" sleeve, including in larger neck sizes.

4. thinman

thinman Senior member

Charles Tyrwhitt will also shorten their shirt sleeves in 1/2 inch increments, so for a price, you can get 37.5" sleeves.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  5. bullethead

bullethead Senior member

there are some dress shirts on STP from Westport (big and tall?) that are very reasonably priced. May want to give those a look