• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Draper of Glastonbury slippers

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone own Draper of Glastonbury slippers?

1). do they fit true to size?
2). do they stretch after a while?

and

Any man know about this?

Did send an email,
no answer so far.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone own Draper of Glastonbury slippers?

1). do they fit true to size?
2). do they stretch after a while?

and

Any man know about this?

Did send an email,
no answer so far.
Yes @Son Of Saphir I own the William. I took my normal size, UK 8 and they seem to fit well. As I only use them as a travel slipper, they have not had much wear. So, I can’t really comment on stretching. They are very soft, so I expect them to over time.

With the massive increase in Church’s prices I have been thinking about a pair of Draper Grecian slippers, and should like to hear any comments from members.

konoyaro

Reaction score
@Son Of Saphir - I own the William and have used the pair for several years.

My take is:
1. Fits TTS
2. Did not stretch much or at all - these are leather lined and fairly structured for a slipper

emptym

Reaction score
I've used a pair of the Williams daily for about three years. No stretch, and I think they run a little small if you're using UK sizing. Their own website recommends the same size in US as in UK:

I'm generally a UK 9 and a US 10 and I got the williams in UK 9. I think they fit well, but if they offered half sizes, I'd might get a UK 9.5.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All very helpful replies,
thank you.

Yes the Church's very expensive now.
420 euro for a soft sole slipper. :fu:
Look

Me buy this yesterday.
It look very very good.
It the Cheaney.
It fit true to size.
The price very very good.
It look better than Draper.
Might buy Draper another day.
cheaney slipper.jpg

Pandaros

Reaction score
420 euro for a soft sole slipper. :fu:

I don't like to melodramatically comment, but I will.

€420 for slippers? That is outrageous. I mean, above and beyond the quality of Church's and yada yada yada...It's so excessive that I find it almost morally reprehensible. First, that they consider it reasonable in view of what the traders of the materials and labour in producing it would earn; and, second, that there is a large enough number of clients they can market it to who would pay that amount given all the needs in the world. I only need to look at my daughter to think, €420 for slippers? Well, there's better places to put my money.

This type of stuff I always thought was in the almost unbelievable realm of Prada and Gucci and celebrities and Zoolander.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like to melodramatically comment, but I will.

€420 for slippers? That is outrageous. I mean, above and beyond the quality of Church's and yada yada yada...It's so excessive that I find it almost morally reprehensible. First, that they consider it reasonable in view of what the traders of the materials and labour in producing it would earn; and, second, that there is a large enough number of clients they can market it to who would pay that amount given all the needs in the world. I only need to look at my daughter to think, €420 for slippers? Well, there's better places to put my money.

This type of stuff I always thought was in the almost unbelievable realm of Prada and Gucci and celebrities and Zoolander.

Church's greatly raised prices to fit into a more prestigious market.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads