• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cant see anything in this picture besides that hat...
He's known for his custom hats. His suit barely buttons over the center line. Kind of weird for DB. Not bad looking, just different.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's known for his custom hats. His suit barely buttons over the center line. Kind of weird for DB. Not bad looking, just different.

The top button placement seems way off. The hat ruins everything, though, in terms of proportion. I mean, hats can be a bold move in any case, but if you are young and slight, an aggressively shaped, excessively tall crown just wears you. I know this is all old news, but...

Bespoke DJP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear @9thsymph,

I totally agree with you.

The top buttons are way off, not only due to the width of the lapels, but I think that they are purposely aligned to the hat! Please do take a ruler and check by yourself!

Unfortunately, the whole style is kind of grotesque, and as such I find no reason for its presence here.

Cheers,

Dimitris

Edited to add:
Unless it has been posted as an example to be avoided.

Last edited:

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear @9thsymph,

I totally agree with you.

The top buttons are way off, not only due to the width of the lapels, but I think that they are purposely aligned to the hat! Please do take a ruler and check by yourself!

Unfortunately, the whole style is kind of grotesque, and as such I find no reason for its presence here.

Cheers,

Dimitris

Edited to add:
Unless it has been posted as an example to be avoided.

The suit is similar to the photos you posted a few months ago that you were totally in love with. And here I thought women were FICKLE. I will add Dimitris to the list!

Bespoke DJP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear @lordsuperb,

Well, "in love" is a strong expression, I merely wrote, and I quote: "I really like"; I don't usually mix human feelings with inanimate objects!

More to that, if you really believe that the two Beckett & Robb DB suits that I posted and said that I liked are even remotely close (let alone similar) with the above DB, my dear fellow I rest my case. The said DB might be similar with B&R's recent iteration on DB suits, merely posted couple of months ago as a comparison and an example of what I do not like, that is when the jacket's collar is somehow vertical; my preference is for collars on DB jackets being as less vertical as possible, close to the shoulder line, like the SuitSupply one posted by @FrederickLouis above.

Last, you should not have hard feelings, you just made a bad call and posted pictures of a poorly-executed DB suit, assorted with a hideous hat! After all, this is not you, it is another gentleman who has commissioned and wore this ensemble.

Best,

Dimitris

Last edited:

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that will do it. Look forward to the pics
Had to increase brightness and contrast but there you have it. I think moving the top buttons makes it look better

Attachments

• 985F7D3F-A06B-4FC4-AADC-1B59EC04EC50.jpeg
    985F7D3F-A06B-4FC4-AADC-1B59EC04EC50.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 73

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads