• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi

I came across this tweed SC on ebay and it really appeals to me. The tweed looks yum, it has 3 patch pockets, basically it has everything I am looking for .... But it is used and cheap and I have no idea of fit, so logically I should pass.

What do you think of it ? Does it look dated / odd etc. Anything wrong with it ?

Regards

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The buttons really throw it off. Get those replaced with some horn buttons and I think that would be a nice piece.

The lapel notch position doesn't look dated at all. That's some thick cloth right there though. Harris Tweed? Would you get much wear out of it in India?

TheMetroKid

Reaction score
I'm with Malford. Change the buttons.

Otherwise, the jacket looks pretty good. Otherwise, this jacket is looking very nice. Just make sure the fit is right.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the buttons as they are. In fact I bought a set of leather buttons off ebay last year to use with a tweed SC

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shez a beauty, that fabric, no?

She's a tad on the 'not this moment' of figure - but her moment might come back - and in the meantime she's not so odd that most would notice.

Shoe fetishisisisist

Reaction score
Check the fit before you buy but other than that go for it if you like it, if you post a question like this you will get likers and naysayers but unfortunately you will take more notice of the naysayers :confused:

Just my £0.02

Chris.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i'm kinda digging it!

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't know if it dates it, but I don't really care for the bellied lapels.

I do like the leather buttons. I wouldn't change them. The thing I'd be concerned about is how low the armholes might be. That's the usual RTW dealbreaker for me.

Last edited:

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ respect your opinion but I wouldn't draw any conclusions about armholes from that pic. THe lapels and the 'quarters' are the 2 drawbacks I see.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the risk of getting castrated, I ask, how much worse do the lapels look than this ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads