• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dior/Margiela German Military Trainers

v0rtex

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could acquire a pair of the East German military trainers which "inspired" Hedi Slimane and Martin Margiela's recent signature shoes? Example here. They pop up on eBay every few weeks but never in my size (12UK/13US/46EU). If anyone's seen them locally or on the Internet at a reasonable price please reply. Surely there should be few stockpiles of them in army surplus stores around the world.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you go to berlin to the district around 'checkpoint charlie', there are not only vendors on the street selling authentic and surplus east german, soviet and other communist issued military goods, but a number of stores as well

for footwear, though, i can only recall seeing all sorts of black boots and fur lined boots, never trainers .....

merl4fun

Reaction score
The June 2007 issue of Monocle.com has an article about these sneakers being produced again by a company in Slovakia. The only reference is to a store at Tomorrowland in Shibuya, Tokyo
biggrin.gif

I would like to know where else they are sold!

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Well you can buy Dior Homme shoes online at www.eluxury.com and since you are in Orlando you could go to a larger Saks that might have them.

Martin Margiela shoes you can buy on www.aloharag.com; but, I really can't help you with a Flordia store. I bought my at Barneys; but, I'm sure your Co-Op wouldn't have them.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bundeswehrturnshuhe!

I got mine from troph e shop. They were nice, but it's kind of a pain.

This thread is hella old. Nobody is actually asking thsi question anymore--v0rtrex's army trainers are probably worn out by now.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I know the thread is crazy old but for anyone else. I got mine from here http://www.troph-e-shop.com/128951N-...28576e90135ca8 They don't ship to the US though. A sufu member helped me out back in december or something. With taxes, shipping to the person in europe, then shipping to you in orlando will cost about $85-95. Also, i doubt you'll find the real dior/margiela ones at Saks, Bloomingdales or Neiman Marcus in Orlando. I live in orlando too some of the times (mostly in gainesville at UF but lived in orlando most my life) and i haven't been able to find great stuff at the malls, even the millenia mall. Sucks not having a barneys, but there is a very small barneys outlet at the Premium Outlets in lake buena vista that has some stuff on sale (the brands there change a lot). edit: damn you shorman

pinoy

Reaction score
if I remember correctly, I think I saw a couple for sale at American Rag here in LA. However, since they also sell vintage clothing, they might be a used pair (wasn't looking closely). But you might wanna give em a call anyways

kai-wun

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
bigstar[1].gif

troph-e shipped directly to me, but the total price was pretty much the same as chron paid.

Ooo I want a pair.

Do they speak english? because I can't read german LOL.

How do these fit? Size up or down usually?

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone still sell these? Looks like troph-e is sold out.

Sorry to be 3 years behind the curve.

van_hammersly

Reaction score
I was looking for these a little while ago too and couldn't find the surplus versions anywhere, either. Don't really want to spend $400 on the MMM versions. There was a guy in the buy/sell forum earlier this year who had a hookup in germany that was ordering them for people but he told me he doesn't have any plans to order more in the future.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If you watch stores and scour the web around sales times, you can pick up the MMM's for not too much. People were buying them at an MMM sample sale for $70 last year and I recently bought a blue pair for like $120, and haven't ever paid more than $200 for any of my MMM bw's.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics