1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Dior homme fans...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Brian SD, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

2. NYCDan

NYCDan Well-Known Member

That is pricey. And really small.

3. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

I know many here are enthralled with Slemane but God the man is a HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE designer. For some reason, people give him a pass on everything simply b/c he brought the skinny look back.

4. shoreman80

shoreman80 Well-Known Member

If I could pull that off, I might like it, but since it's totally not my style, I will say it would look good with "DICEMAN" bedazzled on the back. Oh. <puff cigarette> [​IMG]

5. AJL

AJL Senior member

Do not like it. I am very sensitive to leather jacket styling, having owned many, beginning with a basic black leather biker jacket when I was 14 (which, according to age survey, predates the birth of the majority of you). My credo: keep it simple. The more zippers, pockets, pleats, seams, epaulets etc., the cheaper the look. My opinion only; no offense intended.

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I like Hedi Slimane's cuts, and some zips are nice, but I think that this one goes overboard.

7. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

The retail of the jacket is unbelievable. I mean at $7300 you can buy a lot of clothes (even at full retail). Not to mention I really do not like the design at all, it is almost as bad as last seasons RLPL faux-motorcycle leather jackets (I say faux, because they are not motorcycle grade leather and would not work as a true riding jacket).

Jon.

8. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

I love it. I wish I had it 7 years ago when I still listened to the Ramones. I would be the coolest punk in 8th grade.

9. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I really like that.

It would be paired with a pair of YSL violet trousers, chisel toed black Lattanzi's, a white shirt by Demeulemeester, a Bottega Veneta cap from the 2001 collection, Dries von Noten vest, and a a Vivienne Westwood skull tie. With a black Lucien Pellat-Finet belt.

10. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

I was thinking more like black jeans and a black graphic tee. Or maybe a white V-Neck.

11. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

(LabelKing @ 07 July 2004, 11:58) I really like that. It would be paired with a pair of YSL violet trousers, chisel toed Lattanzi's, a white shirt by Demeulemeester, a Bottega Veneta cap from the 2001 collection, Dries von Noten vest, and a a Vivienne Westwood skull tie.
    I was thinking more like black jeans and a black graphic tee. Or maybe a white V-Neck.
    I like to give a dandified twist to certain outfits.

12. shoreman80

shoreman80 Well-Known Member

LabelKing, I see you're living up to your username. If someone (elsewhere) said they'd like to match a heavily accessorized black leather jacket with purple pants, black shoes, a white shirt, black vest, skull tie, and cap, I'd tell them to enjoy their Alice Cooper concert. I hear Molly Hatchet is opening. Â [​IMG] I'm not opposed to black leather jackets or motorcycle jackets, or even the occasional bedazzlement, it's all a matter of taste. I don't even mind designer clothes priced like art objects; to me, though, that Dior Homme piece is a good example of that concept gone wrong.

13. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

It would be paired with a pair of YSL violet trousers, chisel toed black Lattanzi's, a white shirt by Demeulemeester, a Bottega Veneta cap from the 2001 collection, Dries von Noten vest, and a a Vivienne Westwood skull tie. With a black Lucien Pellat-Finet belt.
    LabelKing, I see you're living up to your username. If someone (elsewhere) said they'd like to match a heavily accessorized black leather jacket with purple pants, black shoes, a white shirt, black vest, skull tie, and cap, I'd tell them to enjoy their Alice Cooper concert. I hear Molly Hatchet is opening. Â [​IMG] I'm not opposed to black leather jackets or motorcycle jackets, or even the occasional bedazzlement, it's all a matter of taste. I don't even mind designer clothes priced like art objects; to me, though, that Dior Homme piece is a good example of that concept gone wrong.
    The Dries Van Noten is actually a white double breasted vest. But then I don't really listen to Alice Cooper in any context really. [​IMG] For example a Kiton three piece cashmere in gray could be paired with an obscenely striped Etro, a Dolce Gabbana Baroque paisely in a Windsor. As well as violet Berluti's, gold pocket watch chain, and a pair of horseshoe cufflinks by Longmire. With an orchid as a boutonniere, and a simple white linen pocket square.

14. Zubberah

Zubberah Senior member

Agree wholeheartedly - IMO the jacket is quite average too.

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

The only living person I can think of that could pull this off without looking a right wanker would be Andre from Outkast. David Bowie may have been able to pull this off back in the day, but not anymore, and even then, only onstage. Yeah, the only guy who could pull this off offstage would be Dre. That goes for the other crazy outfit.