• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dior homme fans...

Brian SD

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....51&rd=1
wow.gif
Lust... I always criticize overpriced fashion items, but the price on this seems like a steal.

NYCDan

Reaction score
That is pricey. And really small.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know many here are enthralled with Slemane but God the man is a HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE designer. For some reason, people give him a pass on everything simply b/c he brought the skinny look back.

shoreman80

Reaction score
If I could pull that off, I might like it, but since it's totally not my style, I will say it would look good with "DICEMAN" bedazzled on the back. Oh. <puff cigarette>
cool.gif

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do not like it. I am very sensitive to leather jacket styling, having owned many, beginning with a basic black leather biker jacket when I was 14 (which, according to age survey, predates the birth of the majority of you). My credo: keep it simple. The more zippers, pockets, pleats, seams, epaulets etc., the cheaper the look. My opinion only; no offense intended.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The retail of the jacket is unbelievable. I mean at $7300 you can buy a lot of clothes (even at full retail). Not to mention I really do not like the design at all, it is almost as bad as last seasons RLPL faux-motorcycle leather jackets (I say faux, because they are not motorcycle grade leather and would not work as a true riding jacket).

Jon.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I love it. I wish I had it 7 years ago when I still listened to the Ramones. I would be the coolest punk in 8th grade.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really like that.

It would be paired with a pair of YSL violet trousers, chisel toed black Lattanzi's, a white shirt by Demeulemeester, a Bottega Veneta cap from the 2001 collection, Dries von Noten vest, and a a Vivienne Westwood skull tie. With a black Lucien Pellat-Finet belt.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I really like that.

It would be paired with a pair of YSL violet trousers, chisel toed Lattanzi's, a white shirt by Demeulemeester, a Bottega Veneta cap from the 2001 collection, Dries von Noten vest, and a a Vivienne Westwood skull tie.
I was thinking more like black jeans and a black graphic tee. Or maybe a white V-Neck.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
(LabelKing @ 07 July 2004, 11:58) I really like that. It would be paired with a pair of YSL violet trousers, chisel toed Lattanzi's, a white shirt by Demeulemeester, a Bottega Veneta cap from the 2001 collection, Dries von Noten vest, and a a Vivienne Westwood skull tie.
I was thinking more like black jeans and a black graphic tee. Or maybe a white V-Neck.
I like to give a dandified twist to certain outfits.

shoreman80

Reaction score
It would be paired with a pair of YSL violet trousers, chisel toed black Lattanzi's, a white shirt by Demeulemeester, a Bottega Veneta cap from the 2001 collection, Dries von Noten vest, and a a Vivienne Westwood skull tie. With a black Lucien Pellat-Finet belt.
LabelKing, I see you're living up to your username. If someone (elsewhere) said they'd like to match a heavily accessorized black leather jacket with purple pants, black shoes, a white shirt, black vest, skull tie, and cap, I'd tell them to enjoy their Alice Cooper concert. I hear Molly Hatchet is opening. Â
biggrin.gif
I'm not opposed to black leather jackets or motorcycle jackets, or even the occasional bedazzlement, it's all a matter of taste. I don't even mind designer clothes priced like art objects; to me, though, that Dior Homme piece is a good example of that concept gone wrong.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
LabelKing, I see you're living up to your username. If someone (elsewhere) said they'd like to match a heavily accessorized black leather jacket with purple pants, black shoes, a white shirt, black vest, skull tie, and cap, I'd tell them to enjoy their Alice Cooper concert. I hear Molly Hatchet is opening. Â
biggrin.gif
I'm not opposed to black leather jackets or motorcycle jackets, or even the occasional bedazzlement, it's all a matter of taste. I don't even mind designer clothes priced like art objects; to me, though, that Dior Homme piece is a good example of that concept gone wrong.
The Dries Van Noten is actually a white double breasted vest. But then I don't really listen to Alice Cooper in any context really.
smile.gif
For example a Kiton three piece cashmere in gray could be paired with an obscenely striped Etro, a Dolce Gabbana Baroque paisely in a Windsor. As well as violet Berluti's, gold pocket watch chain, and a pair of horseshoe cufflinks by Longmire. With an orchid as a boutonniere, and a simple white linen pocket square.

Zubberah

Reaction score
I know many here are enthralled with Slemane but God the man is a HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE designer. For some reason, people give him a pass on everything simply b/c he brought the skinny look back.
Agree wholeheartedly - IMO the jacket is quite average too.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For example a Kiton three piece cashmere in gray could be paired with an obscenely striped Etro, a Dolce Gabbana Baroque paisely in a Windsor. As well as violet Berluti's, gold pocket watch chain, and a pair of horseshoe cufflinks by Longmire. With an orchid as a boutonniere, and a simple white linen pocket square.

The only living person I can think of that could pull this off without looking a right wanker would be Andre from Outkast. David Bowie may have been able to pull this off back in the day, but not anymore, and even then, only onstage. Yeah, the only guy who could pull this off offstage would be Dre. That goes for the other crazy outfit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads