• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dimitri Gomez

the.chikor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
So Dimitri uses a sock marked "Dimitri Bottier" in full bespoke? Interesting.

RJman,
No, Dimitri typically uses the Crockett and Jones insole. But, I specifically asked him for the insole to say his name and Paris, France on it. At least he got the Dimitri Bottier on there.
laugh.gif
He tells me that because I asked him to do this, he has now ordered insoles with his name embossed on them. He told me they would come in this week-just my luck
confused.gif

the.chikor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
looks like he burned it himself with a red hot poker

Tarmac,
Yes, Dimitri did use an "iron pen" and he did do it himself-a little bit different isn't it?
plain.gif

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Beautiful last shape chikor. Very nice.

OxxfordSJLINY

Reaction score
Dimitri Gomez's shoes match or slightly exceed Silvano Lattanzi's shoes in quality and handwork for a much lower price than Lattanzi, according to our expert, iammatt (whom I should have never doubted in anyway when it comes to facts about men's dresswear or formalwear; my dear and sincere apologies to you, iammatt).

Of course, Dimitri Gomez makes a much nicer looking shoe than Silvano Lattanzi. BTW, your shoes are very sharp, elegant and classy, chikor.
worship.gif

the.chikor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by OxxfordSJLINY
Dimitri Gomez's shoes match or slightly exceed Silvano Lattanzi's shoes in quality and handwork for a much lower price than Lattanzi, according to our expert, iammatt (whom I should have never doubted in anyway when it comes to facts about men's dresswear or formalwear; my dear and sincere apologies to you, iammatt).

Of course, Dimitri Gomez makes a much nicer looking shoe than Silvano Lattanzi. BTW, your shoes are very sharp, elegant and classy, chikor.
worship.gif

Thank you.
tounge.gif

the.chikor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedster.8
The heel is exelent
worship.gif

The cap&vamp are exelent to ...

Your shines are a bit much for me personaly, but that is a petty detail on such a nice colection
biggrin.gif

speed

When you buy bespoke from Dimitri-he shines them for you. These shoes were shined by Dimitri, and what you see is what is left of the shine after being in a suitcase and the underbelly of a 777 for 13 hours-not bad in my opinion!

If you don't like your shoes shined, just tell Dimitri when you purchase your next pair of bespoke from him. He wont shine them if you ask. If you don't tell him, by default, he will spit-shine them. Now when you visit Dimitri-you know what to do so you won't have a problem with shined shoes.
smile.gif

jamaican

Reaction score
Absolutely exquisite in a very beautiful and yet still masculine way. I love the shape of the last, particularly the toe box; the "conservativeness" as another poster mentioned and yes, the simple black is elegance itself. I salute you. Great choice.

the.chikor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamaican
Absolutely exquisite in a very beautiful and yet still masculine way. I love the shape of the last, particularly the toe box; the "conservativeness" as another poster mentioned and yes, the simple black is elegance itself. I salute you. Great choice.

Jamaican-thank you for the compliments. It is I that should salute you.
worship.gif

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Missed this thread earlier; very nice shoes, I particularly like the seamless heel. Black is back! Just a question -- why did it take 5 visits (I sincerely hope you have some business need to be in Paris where someone else is picking up the tab of travel!!!)?

the.chikor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kuro
Missed this thread earlier; very nice shoes, I particularly like the seamless heel. Black is back! Just a question -- why did it take 5 visits (I sincerely hope you have some business need to be in Paris where someone else is picking up the tab of travel!!!)?

Kuro,
Long story about the 5 visits, but basically, it took an initial visit, three fittings and a final pick up visit. Unfortunatley, I picked up the tab for travel-no business.:
plain.gif
Dimitri wants me to come back for for the final fitting-but, that is not going to happen! The fit is just going to have to be good enough the way it is. Anyways-at least they look good. Thanks for commenting
smile.gif

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by the.chikor
Kuro,
Long story about the 5 visits, but basically, it took an initial visit, three fittings and a final pick up visit. Unfortunatley, I picked up the tab for travel-no business.:
plain.gif
Dimitri wants me to come back for for the final fitting-but, that is not going to happen! The fit is just going to have to be good enough the way it is. Anyways-at least they look good. Thanks for commenting
smile.gif

So who is your "go-to" shoemaker from now on? Doesn't sound like you've been happy with Gomez.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by the.chikor
Kuro,
plain.gif
smile.gif

The Bottiers have got to start making trips to the US (maybe RJMan and Lasbar will convince Delos to do so)! I'm still trying to decide whether I should go to Paris 3 times to place an order or just go to JLP on Madison and take the hit. It is nice to know that he cares that much about the fit though...

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It is nice to know that he cares that much about the fit though...

My takeaway from chikor's experience was not so positive
confused.gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The Bottiers have got to start making trips to the US (maybe RJMan and Lasbar will convince Delos to do so)! I'm still trying to decide whether I should go to Paris 3 times to place an order or just go to JLP on Madison and take the hit. It is nice to know that he cares that much about the fit though...

I have no intention to convince Delos to travel. Why should my local prices rise to subsidize his travel expenses to people who can't come to Freedom? Besides, if he travelled I'd be encouraged to keep buying shoes from him. Speaking of which, what happened to the last pair he's making for me? Hmmm...

And I haven't heard from lascar in ages. Maybe PHOQUESTONE finally became too much for him and he went off his meds. Poor lascar... we hardly knew yer...

Chikor -- why not go see Paul Davies in DC, the city that never wakes? He's a lot cheaper than JLP, and so is DC. Or doesn't Cleverley visit LA? I think Fosters/Maxwells may come/start coming to the West Coast as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads