1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Digital camera repair

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FIHTies, Aug 20, 2004.

1. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I have a decent digital camera that refuses to close. The lens came out and now stays out. Canon wants $175 to look at the thing. The camera while being decent is about 2 years old (alot of shots for my sites, but not nearly enough to warrant the problem)

Anyone know of an honest reputable digital camera repair place that I can UPS it to?

Thanks in Advance.

JJF

2. vero_group

vero_group Senior member

Is it under warranty? Take or send it back and demand a new one.

Most consumer electronics these days are priced so that they are essentially disposable if damaged. The cost of repair exceeds the price of new. Unless you have some emotional attachment to that specific camera -- and if so, a therapist's visit may be in order -- you are typically, economically speaking, better off buying a new one.

3. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

The only cameras in my opinion that are worth repairing are professional digitals or ones like Leica, Hasselblad, etc.