• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Digital camera repair

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a decent digital camera that refuses to close. The lens came out and now stays out. Canon wants $175 to look at the thing. The camera while being decent is about 2 years old (alot of shots for my sites, but not nearly enough to warrant the problem)

Anyone know of an honest reputable digital camera repair place that I can UPS it to?

Thanks in Advance.

JJF

vero_group

Reaction score
Is it under warranty? Take or send it back and demand a new one.

Most consumer electronics these days are priced so that they are essentially disposable if damaged. The cost of repair exceeds the price of new. Unless you have some emotional attachment to that specific camera -- and if so, a therapist's visit may be in order -- you are typically, economically speaking, better off buying a new one.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The only cameras in my opinion that are worth repairing are professional digitals or ones like Leica, Hasselblad, etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads