• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Damir Doma Linen Pants (44)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramp

Reaction score
Up for sale is a pair of Damir Doma 100% Linen pants in size 44.

Some history: These were bought new with tags a couple years ago and worn a fair amount. Wore them to a party one night and slipped in a pile of cake and vomit :embar:, in the process tearing the rear seam (a clean tear....well...). Since then, they've been dry-cleaned and the seam sewn up, although the seam doesn't look perfectly straight to me. Whatever, still looks good. The dry cleaning had an effect on the texture though, kinda made them stiffer. They still look really good, but the stacks aren't as beautiful as they once were. They seem to have gotten settled more in the few times I've worn them since. There's also some discoloration on the back at the hem, I guess from stepping on them.

Anyway, I've tried to factor the above into the price, which is a tiny fraction of the retail price. These are a seriously nice pair of pants. The loose silhouette and lightweight linen make them great for summer. They'd work great within the Damir aesthetic or just with laid-back summer wear.

The close-up pics came out pretty light- the pants are dark black. Raw hems (that had frayed beautifully until the dry-cleaner cut them...:brick:)

Measurements
Waist: 16
Rise: 14.25
Thigh: 12.5
Inseam: 30.75
Hem: 7.5

Attachments

• pic 015.jpg
    pic 015.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 96
  • pic 017.jpg
    pic 017.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 88
  • pic 018.jpg
    pic 018.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 95
  • pic 019.jpg
    pic 019.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 90
  • pic 020.jpg
    pic 020.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 88

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple questions:

1) Were the pants originally a 30.5'' inseam? Are they supposed to be worn cropped? (I ask because you mentioned stacks, and I know that, when I wear jeans, they barely stack if the inseam is any shorter than a 32''.)

2) How much give is there in the waist? I typically wear size 31 or 32 jeans, but the actual waist measurements are somewhere around 16.5''.

ramp

Reaction score

Couple questions:
1) Were the pants originally a 30.5'' inseam? Are they supposed to be worn cropped? (I ask because you mentioned stacks, and I know that, when I wear jeans, they barely stack if the inseam is any shorter than a 32''.)
2) How much give is there in the waist? I typically wear size 31 or 32 jeans, but the actual waist measurements are somewhere around 16.5''.

1) The inseam is and has always been 30.75". Not that long, but combined with the long inseam, they won't be cropped unless you're really tall. For comparison, the outseam length is 44.75".

2) There's not really any stretch, but I've found as my weight changed that they can easily be worn lower or higher since the drop crotch won't be interfering with your crotch.

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, I see—the inseam length (30.5'') just reflects the fact that they're drop crotch pants. In other words, you're measuring from the crotch (as is usual), and since they are drop crotch pants, that inseam length is going to be measured from, well, a dropped crotch. Thus a shorter inseam length, but not necessarily a shorter pant leg. Goooootcha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads