• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

prasom

Reaction score
They are probably both Bounty Hunters, similar to smoke jumpers but on 55 last.
One difference I see is, one pair has double row stitching (@iamntbatman) and the other pair has single-row stitching.
feels like two different lasts. the red dog has seems to have a sleek (little bit pointed ) toe than the black. or i am just imagining things?

Lonebull

Reaction score
so these 2 white's bounty hunters boots are appox 5 yrs old. pretty well broken in, just worn casually for hanging out at parties, bbq's, concerts etc. worn 3-4 times a month?. ..no hiking or walking around in the city. way too heavy for that. here's some new & worn shots...
blu1.jpg
blu2.jpg
blu3.jpg
blu4.jpg
blu5.jpg
br1.jpg
br3.jpg

Attachments

• br2.jpg
    br2.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 158

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
feels like two different lasts. the red dog has seems to have a sleek (little bit pointed ) toe than the black. or i am just imagining things?
Lack of cap toe and double row stitching is the reason for slightly pointed profile?

klugtrane

Reaction score
I think the answer is no, or not yet, but has anyone tried to customize one of the stitchdown boots yet? I'm looking at the Rambler, but would need E width, which isn't listed, and would want hooks, when they currently only show eyes (seems odd). I emailed Baker's but haven't heard back yet. Will be interesting if they end up with a full offering of widths and options.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the answer is no, or not yet, but has anyone tried to customize one of the stitchdown boots yet? I'm looking at the Rambler, but would need E width, which isn't listed, and would want hooks, when they currently only show eyes (seems odd). I emailed Baker's but haven't heard back yet. Will be interesting if they end up with a full offering of widths and options.
The Bounty Hunters are $100 off. I would ask if Baker's could install the 'Ramblers' sole'

js0930

Reaction score

The Rambler isn’t stitchdown and can be fully customized.

klugtrane

Reaction score
The Rambler isn’t stitchdown and can be fully customized.
I agree that it used to be a handsewn boot, but I'm going off the White's website, where it says stitchdown and the pictures are of a stitchdown boot (also $575 vs. the handsewn's ~$700): https://shop.whitesboots.com/lifestyle-boots/c350-rambler/

Baker's still shows the older listing for a $700 handsewn, but never listed widths beyond D and EE, and haven't responded to a question about what is available.

klugtrane

Reaction score
The Rambler is literally that, though.
That's why I was excited. Something that I'd previously been told was not possible, because the last has too much arch to get the sole to stick, is now available on one model. Not sure whether they sand the half slip flat on the bottom or what to make it work.

js0930

Reaction score
I agree that it used to be a handsewn boot, but I'm going off the White's website, where it says stitchdown and the pictures are of a stitchdown boot (also $575 vs. the handsewn's ~$700): https://shop.whitesboots.com/lifestyle-boots/c350-rambler/

Baker's still shows the older listing for a $700 handsewn, but never listed widths beyond D and EE, and haven't responded to a question about what is available.

Oh wow. Let me know what you find out as I’d like to get the C350 Rambler but I need mismatched sizes.

ABMTL

Reaction score
Question about the dreaded squeaky heel - what does Bakers/Whites do to fix this problem? Is it just a resole or is it a complete rebuild?

I'm asking bc I think I was mis-sized on my Bounty Hunters and they have heel squeak. If Whites has to rebuild the boots anyways to get rid of the squeak, then I'm going to ask them to make my boots half a size larger while they're rebuilding.

For what it's worth, I'll share my experience with my current/first/only pair of White's.

I didn't wear them much after receiving them, but then took them with me on a monthlong trip this Dec-Jan.

About two days into the trip, both boots developed a terrible, mortifying squeak. My family (who already had a sort of snarky disregard for my "big, expensive boots") made note of the squeak constantly. And it echoed off all the cobbled streets and alleys everywhere we walked. I started trying to change my gait to minimize it when passing locals. I spent hours imagining how I was going to send them back and ask for a rebuild once I returned to North America.

And then, in the last week of the trip, after miles and miles and miles of squeaking...they just stopped. Now they're silent and supple. I love them.

All to say, I would try to just wear the absolute crap out of them to see if it resolves organically before actually sending them back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads