• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WestLinn

Reaction score
And this is an example where it would probably be beneficial if all of us pointy toe boot freaks also posted a photo of our feet. LOL
I bet you either have a long big toe, or pinky toe. For me, my big toe is what rubs more in the pointed toe style.
Well I won’t be posting pics of my feet, unless you’re an attractive 28 YO female with a fetish. Lol

I think you may be on to something, but to compound the problem for me is I have a broken arch on a foot as a result of a football game in high school. That’s why the high arch are particularly sought after as flat boots kill me.

By chance have you tried any of Drew’s packer boots? I’m curious as to how they size.

ColdCanuck

Reaction score
The echoing squeaks were in the Barcelona Gothic quarter.

Random question: Is it true that they cut the leather at White's the moment the order arrives?

I had a very strange experience where I called yesterday morning to ask Kyle about a potential tweak to my second order of boots. (Basically I was thinking that I actually might need to come down a half-size.) I placed the order back in June 2022. They are brown horsehide semi-dress.
I ordered a pair of brown bison White's Semi Dress through Baker's on June 15, 2022. As of this morning they've cleared customs in Toronto and I'm expecting them Monday.

Given White's lead time is 7+ months, I doubt they cut the leather when they get the order. that doesn't make sense to tied up leather they've bought as WIP for size months before the leather touches a last.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair almost like those sitting in Canadian Customs. I went with three hooksvand only a single row of stitching and standard logger heal. It looks like you went with the lower heal. I should get them tomorrow or Monday.
Enjoy!

Phalanx

Reaction score
I decided to attempt a trip to Prague last weekend exclusively wearing my MPs. I can say that whilst you absolutely can do 20-25k steps a day in a pair of 1.1kg boots, your feet will hate you for it eventually.

No blisters or anything like that, but at least with a Vibram 430 sole, you'll never achieve the endurance that a pair of sneakers will provide.

Fun experiment in retrospect though.

iamntbatman

Reaction score
I decided to attempt a trip to Prague last weekend exclusively wearing my MPs. I can say that whilst you absolutely can do 20-25k steps a day in a pair of 1.1kg boots, your feet will hate you for it eventually.

No blisters or anything like that, but at least with a Vibram 430 sole, you'll never achieve the endurance that a pair of sneakers will provide.

I regularly do stuff like this! Swinging those heavy pendulums does add up, but I find that after a couple of days the comfort really starts to set in. They're not the ideal city-walking footwear, but since many of my trips involve a mix of terrain, I like having one reliable pair of footwear that I know will work for walking all day on cobblestones or through muddy fields or on trails, but also work for a night out. My MPs are my go-to "adventure boots" for just that sort of trip.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My longest walk was in Bounty Hunters (double midsoles) on the 4th of July (2021).
I walked for a couple of miles in St. Louis downtown, around the Gateway Arch area.
Those bounty hunters weigh almost 8 lbs. 😂

MTBmonkeyfist

Reaction score
Hey, for all you Whites/Wesco/Nicks/Viberg,etc boot heads,
Just posted some Wesco Hendriks for sale $250, new in box, purchased from Wesco, size 11D. Solid boots. - see thread:
Please DM me for any questions. Thanks for looking!

1676742736522.png

andy b.

Reaction score
Well I won’t be posting pics of my feet, unless you’re an attractive 28 YO female with a fetish. Lol

I think you may be on to something, but to compound the problem for me is I have a broken arch on a foot as a result of a football game in high school. That’s why the high arch are particularly sought after as flat boots kill me.

By chance have you tried any of Drew’s packer boots? I’m curious as to how they size.
I thought I posted a reply to this a few days ago, and asked you to introduce me to the 28 YO's sister. LOL

But no, I have only owned Whites and Nicks packers. They both fit the same, and I went up 1/2 in length and one width in both.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, for all you Whites/Wesco/Nicks/Viberg,etc boot heads,
Just posted some Wesco Hendriks for sale $250, new in box, purchased from Wesco, size 11D. Solid boots. - see thread:
Please DM me for any questions. Thanks for looking!

1676742736522.png
Excellent boots. Wish they were 12E or 12 EE!!

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
D35441D4-4A32-450F-9831-DC9498B9B33C.jpeg

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stevens 5050 in Burgundy Horsehide.
20230224_111924.jpg
20230224_112030.jpg
20230224_112017.jpg
20230224_112122.jpg

wordfool

Reaction score

It's not so much my feet that hate me, but my whole body due to the general fatigue that those heavyweights cause. I just feel more tired more quickly, which is why I generally favor different footwear if I plan any sort of exertion. My White's tend to increasingly be reserved for getting from A to B or lazy days.

Even in winter I tend to favor my ugly, overpriced Blunnies for general duty because they're so light and grippy, and also because they're so shite that I don't care if they get trashed by winter conditions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics