• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ZenSilk

Reaction score
Awesome. You realise you're going to have to give us 'patina updates' once a week between now and, well, the end of time?

They're going to look so good with a few miles on them!

I know it. I'll be grabbing some initial out of the box pics, and then let them get a nice sun-tan to "caramelize" them up a bit! From speaking with Kyle I am assuming they will be something like a midweight leather, like the CXL hides that Bakers tends to have, with properties akin to their Dress leathers (my favorite offering from them).

Of course they won't be getting very much wear while I'm WFH, but we opened a new office so I will be walking to work every day so they will be getting some good use in the future!

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite Whites re-soled by Brass Tokyo

9C8CE8B1-2070-4D6C-B12D-55558CC4558A.jpeg
BD196BE2-729F-4E8C-B529-E2483CD077D2.jpeg

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...Of course they won't be getting very much wear while I'm WFH, but we opened a new office so I will be walking to work every day so they will be getting some good use in the future!

Why not? I have been putting on boots every day. I find them great for working from home and staying semi-active. They are a great excuse to go for an evening walk.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you request the extra eyelet? I’d like to get that if possible..
That pair is about 5 years old, as I recall I did request it on the order form and got it. Some people here have subsequently requested the same and were told it could not be done.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That would be me! They are on the way to me as we speak.
The Natural Veg Tan looks great, but I have no experience with caring for this type of leather. I know they darken as they age, and sunlight (UV) hastens this, as will treatment products that darken the leather.

If one wanted to keep the Veg Tan as light as possible for as long as possible, yet still condition and protect it, what products would one use?

Is there even a product that will treat and protect but not darken Veg Tan leather? I was thinking something with UV blockers would be the ticket, but short of putting sunscreen on my boots (I draw the line at sunscreen... baby wipes are OK, sunscreen is a bridge too far) what would one use?

Recommendations?

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Natural Veg Tan looks great, but I have no experience with caring for this type of leather. I know they darken as they age, and sunlight (UV) hastens this, as will treatment products that darken the leather.

If one wanted to keep the Veg Tan as light as possible for as long as possible, yet still condition and protect it, what products would one use?

Is there even a product that will treat and protect but not darken Veg Tan leather? I was thinking something with UV blockers would be the ticket, but short of putting sunscreen on my boots (I draw the line at sunscreen... baby wipes are OK, sunscreen is a bridge too far) what would one use?

Recommendations?
Im going to venture to say that would be impossible. Only situation I see this being viable is only inside wear, never conditioning and they are still going to evolve. Its an interesting leather, putting in the the sun even a few hours will start to turn it a pinkish hue. Few days (especially with a little conditioner) brings that thing to a more golden color. Basically all done due to UV light. Even belts see dramatic changes in color and consistency. Boots made of this are going to be nuts.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about Bick 4? I have used it on cowhide veg tan leather and it does not seem to darken much, if any.
It's not necessarily the conditioner itself. Its the addition of oils that will accelerate patina. And by its nature, it also attracts dirty and dust. It becomes incredibly apparent on a naked leather like this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads