• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered the HH with the four row cap toe but now I'm thinking I should have gone for the brogue cap toe. Anyone have pictures of both?

Sledge42

Reaction score
I ordered the HH with the four row cap toe but now I'm thinking I should have gone for the brogue cap toe. Anyone have pictures of both?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, but that is waxed flesh. I'm wondering the HH four row. Really on the fence but most pictures I find of HH have the brogue holes on the toe.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but that is waxed flesh. I'm wondering the HH four row. Really on the fence but most pictures I find of HH have the brogue holes on the toe.
I understand that sometimes it's nice to see your exact make up in person, but we are talking about stitching instead of brouge. The nature of it being HH, isn't going to dramatically change the look of it. Go stitching if you like it. I personally don't care for the brouge cap toe they use, I think the 4 row stitch offers a cleaner look.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I understand that sometimes it's nice to see your exact make up in person, but we are talking about stitching instead of brouge. The nature of it being HH, isn't going to dramatically change the look of it. Go stitching if you like it. I personally don't care for the brouge cap toe they use, I think the 4 row stitch offers a cleaner look.

Thanks. yes, that is what I ordered but the nature of custom orders means lots of time to question your choices and wonder if you made the right one.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is my HH makeup. So far, I have not changed it like I did my other order:

Brown Horse Hide Hardware: Antique Eyes & Hooks Celastic Toe Box: Single Celastic Toe Edge: Brown Heel Base: Standard Heel Lifts: Standard Height: 8" Lace Design: Plain Toe Last: Semi Dress (Bounty Hunter) Leather Half Slip: No thanks Leather Laces: Yes Please [ $6.00 ] Leather Liner: Cream Lineman/Side Patch: No Thanks Midsole: Single Pull Loops: Leather Pull Loops [ $15.00 ] Sole: Vibram 430 Mini Vib Sole Trim: Standard Trim (Double Row Stitch) Toe Cap: Vintage 4-row Toe Cap [ $45.00 ] Logos / Embossing: No logos or Embossing Top: Cut Top (standard) Size - Length: 11.5 Size - Width: D (medium)

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Is the leather lining worth it? I mean what does it offer that an unlined boot doesn't have. Was going back-and-forth on it for my boots but decided not to get them.

Crit_Obs

Reaction score
Is the leather lining worth it? I mean what does it offer that an unlined boot doesn't have. Was going back-and-forth on it for my boots but decided not to get them.

I find unlined to be nice and breathable and prefer it, but I don't think it makes a huge difference either way.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I removed it from my leather boot but with HH, it is not an option to have without I believe due to the lack of tensile strength of HH and cordovan.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
personally, I am a fan of lining. Make break-in a lot of easier because any heel lift or friction point is a lot less abrasive. After that, it just feels nicer slipping your sock into smooth soft leather when you put them on.

wordfool

Reaction score

it adds some additional structure to the the boot (necessary for some leathers), a splash of interior color if you so choose, perhaps a bit of additional warmth in winter, and some say the smoother lining aids in getting boots on and off, but I always have hot feet so prefer my boots unlined.

Even in unlined boots there was a debate a while back about whether the vamp is still lined or not. I’m not sure there was ever a definitive answer as to when or if (or why) it was.

FourT6and2

Reaction score
Anybody ever custom order a pair of MPs with contrast stitching throughout? Like a black boot with white stitching or a natural or tan color with either white or black stitching? If so, any photos? I like the contrast stitching look of the olive waxed flesh and wonder if that would work well on other colors.

montanamike

Reaction score
Anybody ever custom order a pair of MPs with contrast stitching throughout? Like a black boot with white stitching or a natural or tan color with either white or black stitching? If so, any photos? I like the contrast stitching look of the olive waxed flesh and wonder if that would work well on other colors.

Interesting question and one I was just thinking about myself and was tempted to run by Kyle at Bakers. I too lke the contrast of the stitching on the olive waxed flesh and was thinking it might be awfully nice on a semi dress in dress brown.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have not pulled the trigger, but Brandon told me contrast stitching would be a $25 up-charge... I am envisioning something like this in black horse with white upper stitching.
1588102004555.png

Edited to add: I just checked my email from 01 April, and it was Brandon, not Kyle who told me it was a $25 upcharge.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member