• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LIMBERLION

Reaction score
(Warning crappy cell phone pics ahead)
I just got my first pair of Whites in the mail today. The fit is perfect(thanks Kyle) and they look great. I will post a more in depth review and impressions after a few wears.

phantomx48

Reaction score
Stunning, any chance to know what the makeup is on these? Especially the last (toe looks very low profile), etc. The color combination is perfect as well!

(Warning crappy cell phone pics ahead)
I just got my first pair of Whites in the mail today. The fit is perfect(thanks Kyle) and they look great. I will post a more in depth review and impressions after a few wears.

LIMBERLION

Reaction score
Thanks phantom and climbinglife
White's Semi-Dress
Leather 1: Navy Chrome Excel by Horween
Leather 2: Black Dress
Toe Vamp Leather: Navy Chrome Excel by Horween
Toe Cap Leather: None
Celastic Toe Box: None
Safety Toe: No Thanks
Upper (Shaft) Leather : Black Dress
Leather Liner: Cream
Back Stay Leather: Navy Chrome Excel by Horween
Pull Loop: Yes
Eyelet Color: Nickel
Sole Trim: Close Trim
Eyelet Configuration : Eyelet
Lace: Leather
Sole: Vib 269
Half Slip: No
Heel Shape: Curve
Heel Height: Standard
Last: 461 Classic Last
Midsole: Standard
Midsole/Edge Color: Natural
Size - Length: 7.5
Size - Width: D

andy b.

Reaction score

Thank you for the response @Certifiedinsane
. I can never get a shine after I apply Obenauf LP. Could be that I am applying too much of it.. Will go a little easy with the LP next time and try brushing more.. 

You have to put the LP on, let it soak in for a day or two, wipe any excess off, then wear them for a few weeks and hit them with the horsehair brush every night when you take them off. After a few months put on another light coat of LP and repeat. After two years or so you'll start getting a nice shine. :) Seriously.

mogili222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you really want a shine, use some neutral wax polish. Not recommended for oil leathers per se, but it's still done all the time.

Thank you... I use a little bit of neutral wax on my Iron Ranger toe caps once in a while..
You have to put the LP on, let it soak in for a day or two, wipe any excess off, then wear them for a few weeks and hit them with the horsehair brush every night when you take them off. After a few months put on another light coat of LP and repeat. After two years or so you'll start getting a nice shine.
smile.gif
Seriously.

Thank you.. That is going to be one long wait once I receive my pair from Whites. It is however nice to know that these boots need to be worn to look better.. Reminds me of a quote from Saddleback leather "Your bag will be the ugliest it'll ever be the first day you get it.". Should work for a good pair of boots too..

gregornz

Reaction score
Nice limberlion!! I was thinking of the exact same build a while back! Please post some better pics!! :)

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You have to put the LP on, let it soak in for a day or two, wipe any excess off, then wear them for a few weeks and hit them with the horsehair brush every night when you take them off. After a few months put on another light coat of LP and repeat. After two years or so you'll start getting a nice shine. :) Seriously.

If you don't want to wait 2 years just put on a very light coat of a high-quality cream like Saphir, wait 15 mins then buff. Your choice.

LouieBailie

Reaction score
Thank you for the response @Certifiedinsane . I can never get a shine after I apply Obenauf LP. Could be that I am applying too much of it.. Will go a little easy with the LP next time and try brushing more..

Use bick 4 and brush after use, it is made to clean shine and soften...then apply paste wax like KIWI and put it on with a horsehair brush.

You want this kind of shine use tshirt paste wax, and water ...

Midguardian

Reaction score
Back to boots question. I'm getting closer everyday to ordering a pair of boots (most likely Whites bounty hunter, but maybe some Nick's Rangers). I'm interested in getting distressed smooth rough out toe vamp with Bison upper. I want a toe cap and am contemplating getting Bison. I am not sure how that will look though. Can some of you guys please give me your style opinion?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads