1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. chicken1616

chicken1616 Senior member

Yes, indeed![​IMG]

2. spurs61

spurs61 Senior member

My black CXL semi dress - out for a spin on casual Friday at work.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
    2 people like this.
  3. TH3515

TH3515 Senior member

Stock brown smooth Farmer/Ranchers after some wear. They look nicer with every mile.

[​IMG]

meanwhile , I'm waiting for funds to accumulate for two more pairs. Brown dress SDs, possibly in a captoe config, and two-tone LTT SJs. Still unsure on the leather combo. Maybe light brown and dark brown bullhide which would look something like this:

[​IMG]
    (I know this is plain toe, but the buildaboot configurator doesn't render LTT correctly)

or red dog and distressed rough-out...the possibilities...;-)

4. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

These look nice!

5. Bingham

Bingham Senior member

So my Black Chromexcel Bounty Hunters that were ordered in June and initially arrived in July are currently in their 3rd remake. I posted pictures of the botched job on the stays some months back.

Well, as expected, Bakers asked that Whites build me some completely new boots, which they did. Just learned today that upon receiving the boots, Bakers noticed a small cut on the vamp of one of the boots and has asked Whites to, again, rebuild the boots.

Needless to say, I'm frustrated, as it has been over half a year and I still have no boots. I had wanted to get them worn-in in time to take to the UK over the holidays. That's not gonna happen.

I asked to see if Whites would upgrade the leather to the Black Horsehide to make up for the repeated errors, so we'll see. Hopefully this all gets sorted out soon!

6. spurs61

spurs61 Senior member

7. Bingham

Bingham Senior member

they did put a rush on the last remake- took about 3 weeks. Unfortunately, the rush didn't work out. I'm sure this remake will be expedited as well. At least Bakers is super easy to work with and really wants the customer to have a quality product.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  8. gfloridafan93

gfloridafan93 Senior member

Random question... If the edge dressing and stitching isn't up to par, can a cobbler fix it?

9. gregornz

gregornz Senior member

10. spurs61

spurs61 Senior member

11. Warpiper

Warpiper Well-Known Member

Waiting for boots is hard. Especially when it has been so long. Sometimes rushing things isn't the best though. I had my SD totally rebuilt except for the uppers to fix the width. They turned them around faster than the quoted time and they fit perfectly now. The only problem is the stitching around the toe cap is kind of jacked up. It's not that big of a deal since I am actually using them for work boots. It just seems like something you wouldn't want a customer to see, especially at this price. I work in an American factory and I know what it's like. I know that sometimes you have to hammer on things to make them fit, but you fix them somewhere in the process so the customer is happy with the results.

12. offrd63fj40

offrd63fj40 Member

First off, hello all. I've been lurking here for a long time. I just had my 22 year old SJ's rebuilt again and I just wanted to share a couple of my observations. In my case the 22 year old uppers are still in good enough shape to be used for the rebuild. The problem is sewing over the old stitching over and over again. Its very hard to restitch in the same holes each time. I just don't know how whites could re due a mistake and make it look like new again. I think it would be easier to sell them off on e-bay and start over. If these were anything but work boots I would have sent them back. The quality of work this time around was not what I think was up to the old white's standard. When they took the old boot apart they didn't even clean out the old thread before they restitched the new bottoms on. That being said, I'm still waiting for a new pair of custom BH's. I wouldn't even think of shopping any where else, but I guess my expectations are different than some people. For me, these are just boots. Granted we pay alot of money for our boots, but they are being built by a "work ware" shop. I expect that their may be some blems, or mis-stitched spots, or areas where the leather isn't consistent. I really hope that the new White's doesn't start turning out crap like so many others, but to date, seeing all the pic's that I've seen posted I don't think the quality is off enough that I would stop buying my boots at White's.
    Enough said. I'll be back in lurk mode for a few years.

Oh can anyone comment on Huberds shoe grease? I don't know how my boots got so old without it! LOL

13. westie187

westie187 Senior member

Louie? Is that you?

2 people like this.
  14. climbinglife

climbinglife Senior member

I think he migrated to the Viberg thread.

15. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Say it aint so...

16. westie187

westie187 Senior member

Saw that... Could be.

17. meso

meso Senior member

Every asshole on the internet that shows up on this board gets accused of being Louie. :foo:

18. westie187

westie187 Senior member

Not from me, Anyone who mentions Huberd's, however, brings back unpleasant memories.....

19. trvlr472

trvlr472 Senior member

That's pretty funny. I'd say that anyone who lurks here knows that mentioning Huberd's is good for a laugh. It's similar to the cop in the Pink Panther movies decades ago when he heard the name, "Cluso".[​IMG].

20. Bunyip74

Bunyip74 Active Member

Long time lurker, just got my first pair of whites(2 pair)
    Bounty Hunter in size 13EE, dress brown throughout, single mid, vibram 100. Nat CXL pull loop.
    I love them.
    I also got a pair of semi dress in nat CXL with single mid, half comp sole, block heel. I really like them both. Planning another build now. So many options I keep changing my mind every 5 minutes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]