• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Turns31

Reaction score
Hmm. I always wanted a pair of RW Merchants when I was in that phase of my boot life. I kept passing because it had eyelets all the way up. Maybe I'll score a pair of these as I LOVE those hooks on the upper half!
Out of all my RWs I've owned I think the Merchants were my favorite. It was just a pain ********** to get them on without speedhooks. I'd take 5 minutes to get them on every morning using a shoe horn.

wordfool

Reaction score
I’ll be interested to hear feedback once it’s released. I’m definitely not the target audience for this kind of style as I like the chunkier traditional Whites styles more. I understand wanting to grow the audience and stay relevant in the market place so I do hope it’s a success for the companies sake.

I'm gonna be fascinated to see how QC holds up when White's pivots from stitchdown work boots to more dress boots like this. With work boots (and even the MP), being a bit rough around the edges is not a big deal, but clean, consistent finishing is going to be far more important with more refined styles like this. I know the Main Street is GYW, but how's the finishing on those?

Last edited:

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Merchants were some solid starter boots imo. I had all four colors - sold three, have the fourth listed for sale in black spitfire. Great quality for the money, which is what you likely hear most with RW.

Turns31

Reaction score
Merchants were some solid starter boots imo. I had all four colors - sold three, have the fourth listed for sale in black spitfire. Great quality for the money, which is what you likely hear most with RW.
RW is consistently GOOD. Never amazing but never bad either. The QC and CS for the price are terrific.

redbaron1980

Reaction score
Beautiful pair.
What's your first fit impression of the combo width, possibly (if you own one) compared to a standard single width build? I am considering this option for a future pair and wondering where exactly the transition from C to D happens.

This is actually my second pair with the combo width. My black CXL BHs are also C/D width. I really like it, my heel is nicely snug and secure and my toes have plenty of room to wiggle. I tried the Amazon trick with a pair of SDs in the D width and I got pretty bad heel slip, but my toes were in heaven, so I thought this would be a good solution, and it certainly was.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like other service boots but will feel and fit different than other service boots with the new White's arch ease dress last. Iv'e been wearing one for 2 months now and won't go back to my MP ( Barrie last ) boots.
I further presume any of these new styles could be built on the traditional semi dress lasts (55, 38, 461) if requested... I have dabbled with the idea of an MP on the 55 (or even better 38 Swing) last...

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like other service boots but will feel and fit different than other service boots with the new White's arch ease dress last. Iv'e been wearing one for 2 months now and won't go back to my MP ( Barrie last ) boots.
Arch ease dress last - my bad back has your attention. We need a top down shot to show off that toe profile.

Bronco68

Reaction score
This is the goal gents - We do have our Build a Boot site now (buildaboot.com) which 10 years ago was pretty sweet! Not so much anymore .... we're striving towards this. We don't have timeframe, but it's on the board. Doing a lot of research to find the right tools to make it happen.

Awesome!

Dancunn

Reaction score
Anyone have pics of an MP with a cap toe and also unstructured? I'm only finding ones with plain toes. Was wondering if the cap adds a level of structure or not.

Unstructured cap toe MP here. The cap does seem to provide at least some degree of structure. These are less than 2 months old and probably only about 15 miles on them though, so they may collapse a bit in the future.

Attachments

• 20200501_161518.jpg
    20200501_161518.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 20200501_161530.jpg
    20200501_161530.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 20200501_161538.jpg
    20200501_161538.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 20200501_161547.jpg
    20200501_161547.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 20200501_161553.jpg
    20200501_161553.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 181

Turns31

Reaction score
Unstructured cap toe MP here. The cap does seem to provide at least some degree of structure. These are less than 2 months old and probably only about 15 miles on them though, so they may collapse a bit in the future.
Exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Brown Dress SJ's shipped! A day short of 4 weeks since ordered! Sucks I ordered before I knew about the Baker's sale but glad I got in before all the orders!

Well, I ordered two custom pairs and I'm a bit nervous. I guess if I F'ed up, there is always next time.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hakamura_Niroki