• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Current opinions on Dege/Whittaker bespoke shirts

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
When I started with K he was merely somewhat more expensive than the alternatives. Then it became 2x, then 3x, and is now more like 4x. That all happened very, very quickly. His price doubled in less than three years.

Thats because he moved to the "Hamptons".

Originally Posted by edmorel
I am always shocked to hear about bad T&A experiences. I owned about 4-5 shirts from them, ordered through the boutique about a milennia ago and the service/construction/delivery time/etc were all great
confused.gif

While no one cares and it was not asked, I am in the camp that believes that the difference between good MTM and bespoke shirts is miniscule relative to the difference between the same in suits. You can get a great fit from a non-bespoke maker, I think the personal pattern thing is very much over done here, unless you just have a very hard upper body to fit. I feel the same about MTM/bespoke shoes. And since vox is the king of threak derails, I am sure he will not mind this post.

I used T&A about 3 years ago. Had 2 fittings and I'm still not happy with the fit, Simon measured me and was a blast to work with (he's now in LA). I plan on going back soon as my pattern only needs a few slight tweeks that they said would not be a problem when i talked to them over the phone. Never had a problem with there construction and there spread collar is the bizzness! I think if your going to get an English shirt you atleast have to try T&A once in your life.

Originally Posted by Will
I thought it was Borrelli he said that about. Not that it makes any difference.

My Borrelli shirts seem to fall apart after one wash?

Not that any of this has anything to do with Dege but Vox you have Onassis money so you should be trying every shirtmaker possible. Get to it!

kngrimm

Reaction score
I think you're completely missing what I'm saying.

First of all, I'm not arguing that 600-700 euros isn't a lot of money. Second, I'm not questioning Kabbaz's right to charge his prices or criticizing the quality of his product (which I know little to nothing about). I have criticized him for denigrating lower-priced shirtmakers while refusing to discuss what makes his shirts better. The stupid thing is that this all started because he misunderstood a question of mine about value when I asked what a client would get from him that he wouldn't get from CEGO for a fraction of the price. He went off on how his clients don't ask questions like that because they are so wealthy that money doesn't matter to them.

I don't care how great his shirts might be, they could not possibly be worth dealing with such an egotistical blowhard. Incidentally, I do think he's full of it. I know for a fact that if you buy enough socks (five pairs will do the trick), he'll offer you a "deal" to buy one bespoke shirt (instead of whatever ridiculous minimum he supposedly imposes on his super-wealthy universe-ruling clients) at a 20% discount.
Ugh... 99% of that was unnecessary.. don't care.

And I haven't missed anything. If you can't say it, oh well.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
did I really just waste 20 minutes reading this thread?
I would have been better off buying toilet paper and some candy for my daughter at the Riteaid.
and I have decide to raise my prices on shirts made inside.

Carl

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven
did I really just waste 20 minutes reading this thread?
I would have been better off buying toilet paper and some candy for my daughter at the Riteaid.
and I have decide to raise my prices on shirts made inside.

Carl

What kind of shirt were you wearing when your read this thread?

- B

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I did not know that about Winston. Do you mean a pattern maker on his own staff? Either way, I am pretty sure he uses a factory to make them up. That is how he does MTM for tailored clothes, which, in my mind, makes it more like bespoke than MTM.

He has mentioned his shirts to me, though never tried to get me to order from him.

I think so, but I am not 100% sure. You can always write to him (ie email) and he'll definitely respond.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
What kind of shirt were you wearing when your read this thread?

- B

Hanes Beefy-T recived for a donation to WFMU (worlds best free-form radio station) has bad art with the saying "investigate fishfarms"

now at work, i wore a very fine red/white/blue striped buttondown collar fabric was from Ferno, when Ferno still made nice fabric in Italy 100/2

made in the NJ shop. I think I have worn this shirt 60 times in 3 years. still looks good!

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven
Hanes Beefy-T recived for a donation to WFMU (worlds best free-form radio station) has bad art with the saying "investigate fishfarms"

now at work, i wore a very fine red/white/blue striped buttondown collar fabric was from Ferno, when Ferno still made nice fabric in Italy 100/2

made in the NJ shop. I think I have worn this shirt 60 times in 3 years. still looks good!

I apologize for not listing you everytime I write Paris and Geneva, but I feel obligated to capitalize CEGO everytime I type it.

I assume that you still have good vibes about Arthur at BoLine?

- B

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
And wouldn't you worry if they mounted the camera facing the wrong way?

He would only be so lucky. They're spectacular.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I apologize for not listing you everytime I write Paris and Geneva, but I feel obligated to capitalize CEGO everytime I type it.

I assume that you still have good vibes about Arthur at BoLine?

- B

Actually have not spoken to Arthur in several years. I spoke with more of the shirtmakers when I had more of a fabric business.

last he told me, He and his wife had some sort of retail shop. women's wear.
He is a second or maybe third generation shirtmaker. he made a nice shirt, but that is all I can tell you.
\\
could not tell you about fit, but his collar was well made.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Carl, why is it CEGO and not "Carl Goldberg" or "C. Goldberg"? You have an elegant name. "CEGO" sounds more like a trendy restaurant in the 'tolerant' part of town.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Carl, why is it CEGO and not "Carl Goldberg" or "C. Goldberg"? You have an elegant name. "CEGO" sounds more like a trendy restaurant in the 'tolerant' part of town.

Why are you mafoofan?

- B

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Why are you mafoofan?

My friend gave me the screen name in middle school when he signed me up under his AOL account. Anyway, "Carl Goldberg" is much more elegant than my real name. If I were Carl Goldberg, I'd plaster it all over the place.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan

Ex Mother in law came up with the name in 1983. kind of hard to chage it now. Middle name is Edward. and Carl Goldberg is just to gutteral (thanks Mom)

If I was a mediocre Italian restaurant owned by Albanians, I would be located in Murray Hill.

one of your earlier posts
I figure it's probably not worth the time and money. The one major issue is bunching at the yoke seam in the back.

it is an easy fix. open up yoke seam and trim. restitch!
with out even seeing you in person i can tell you have square shoulders and erect posture. probably short between shoulder blades and top of shoulders.
I doubt the Brooks MTM program can even correct that on their pattern.
hey! If I can make Manton a decent OCBD I could do the same for you!
just no nubs!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads