• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cucinelli Keeps Looking Forward

Kawini

Reaction score

Kawini

Reaction score
A picture of the label.

Where would a size label appear on the sweater?

Attachments

• 0997C0E6-7EE5-43DD-9FAA-50F9B69B09D8.png
    0997C0E6-7EE5-43DD-9FAA-50F9B69B09D8.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:

NVPG

Reaction score
Yeah those are fake.
-the “cashmere” toms fords look like it’s dog hair
-the colors of the cucinelli’s don’t fit the their palette
-the pink cucinelli cable knit has a cut out in the waist ribbing…never seen them do that ever
-the other cucinelli’s with the small cable knit pattern are way off from any cucinelli sweater
-the loro piana sweaters look terrible and I know the exact sweater they badly copied….also just looks like cotton.

Sorry to break the news. I’m sure other people will second what I said..

I always had great luck on ebay.

NVPG

Reaction score
I feel like an idiot. Now that I am looking at the pictures again, I see that this is an obvious fake. Here’s a picture showing the label with Cuccinelli spelled Cucinelli, without the double “c”. I’ve been scammed. Let’s see what happens next. If it’s too good to be true . . .
No it’s spelt right. But everything else is off..

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Labels, shmebels. I would never even consider a Cucinelli
real or fake in tailored clothing because of the ticket pocket
that all jackets have.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No it’s spelt right. But everything else is off..

The label looks original but the jumper has not the Cucinelli style.

And, more that everything else, it's the price that makes me totally distrustful: such an original Cucinelli would normally cost about 2k, so almost impossible that it's not a fake.

Enrico Mandelli

Reaction score
Labels, shmebels. I would never even consider a Cucinelli
real or fake in tailored clothing because of the ticket pocket
that all jackets have.
I don't know what sense those peasant pockets even make other than destroying the symmetry of any jacket and letting others know that you travel by public transportation which in most areas means that you are poor.
It also shows to the world that you sacrifice aesthetics for the little comfort of not having to lean back a bit to pull your ticket out of a regular pocket thereby also unconciously exhuding a lack of vitality.

And by the way, you could very well store the ticket in your chest pocket making it useless.

Last edited:

Enrico Mandelli

Reaction score
Why don't you just write an email to Cucinelli directly and ask them if this model actually existed or not? You will need to do this anyway because in order to get a refund from PayPal they ask for an expertise in writing confirming that it is fake. If you have the response from Cucinelli you get the needed expert opinion for free.
I don't think the logo takes away from this outfit. I can't think of a single brand that does casual clothes that doesn't make use of a logo.
Loro Piana, Zegna, Massimo Alba, Maurizio Baldassari.....

Last edited:

rwtc

Reaction score
Why don't you just write an email to Cucinelli directly and ask them if this model actually existed or not? You will need to do this anyway because in order to get a refund from PayPal they ask for an expertise in writing confirming that it is fake. If you have the response from Cucinelli you get the needed expert opinion for free.

Loro Piana, Zegna, Massimo Alba, Maurizio Baldassari.....

LP logo big enough for you?

Attachments

• LP.jpg
    LP.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 70

NVPG

Reaction score
The label looks original but the jumper has not the Cucinelli style.

And, more that everything else, it's the price that makes me totally distrustful: such an original Cucinelli would normally cost about 2k, so almost impossible that it's not a fake.
That’s not really true. Cucinelli doesn’t resell at a very high price and a lot of owners can afford to sell it at a lower price. In my early 20s I obsessively watched ebay for high end sweaters and I never spent more than $230 (in many cases a lot less). You can definitely get lucky if you know what to look for. These days there’s a lot of listings for around $400 on ebay and grailed all the time, all legit sweaters. You just have to hunt a little bit.

rwtc

Reaction score
That’s not really true. Cucinelli doesn’t resell at a very high price and a lot of owners can afford to sell it at a lower price. In my early 20s I obsessively watched ebay for high end sweaters and I never spent more than $230 (in many cases a lot less). You can definitely get lucky if you know what to look for. These days there’s a lot of listings for around $400 on ebay and grailed all the time, all legit sweaters. You just have to hunt a little bit.

The $400 sweaters are very dated usually

Enrico Mandelli

Reaction score
Both zegna and loro piana use logos...especially zegna
Most of the products sold by Loro Piana don't have any logos. Just go to the Loro Piana online store and browse through their products and see for yourself.
The same is true for Zegna (formally known as Ermenegildo Zegna).
I was not talking about their cheaper line Z Zegna.

Aside from that most Cucinelly products don't have any logo as well.

LP logo big enough for you?
I have been looking through all products that are offered in Loro Piana's online store for several years and I have never seen any LP beanie that had any logo on it.
Therefore this beanie on your pic is either fake or some kind of low quantity collaboration sold by the collaboteur or something similar.

Last edited:

RapFan

Reaction score
Most of BC has no logos either. That was the point of my post. Every brand has somesort of branding on their casual pieces. In fact Zegna Couture is actually full of branding, and that is their highest line

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230325_120607_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230325_120607_Chrome.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_20230325_120534_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230325_120534_Chrome.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 102

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads