• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crosswick Crossover Collars U.S. Patented By Eric Glennie

Jeff Naylor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
You are clearly insane.

I think "Eric Glennie" is really Manton and he's having a blast trolling the hell out of everyone.

I mean, no one could really be as ... unusual ... as Eric Glennie, and that leaves evil genius as the only possibility.

Gotta be Manton.

The Nino

Reaction score
Eric is not the only visionary on this forum. I too have applied for design patents for my unique fashion creations. I believe my work, like Eric's, is revolutionary. Plus a lot of math curves were involved.

I present you with my practical yet stylish designs

100% silk
234128svnqsvx17lik9.jpg

Also available in black, navy and gray.
backscratcherzj4.gif

7-Fold
invnts5kk0.jpg

Eric, I realize you are a bigshot in the business and don't have much time for someone starting out, but any insight or advice you can pass on will much appreciated by this fan.

Thank you

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Good day. I invented the St. Louis Crossover Pilsner Overhead Holder. U.S. Patent no. 54,986. I have revolutionized headwear like no other man has. Look at all those other hats, they are not revolutinary. They are simple arithmetic, while mine is advanced trigonometry! I would also wish SoCal2NYC would also introduce me to Mr. Thom Browne. I think they would look good with his "Peewee Herman Geek chick look."
172-06601b1.jpg

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
(taking a break for some M&Ms and coffee)

First thing Monday morning, I'm going to the patent office with coffee M&Ms.

I love all things Eric Glennie, but I'm banking on it all being the work of our "other" Eric, VMan. He's an evil genius.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
If someone had told me that personas such as these existed - let alone interacted with each other - outside of short-running TV shows, I would never have believed it.

I think I am having a stroke....

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
It would just be an update of this, with Cousin Thom and Eric from the island of Mypos, in Minnesotta
perfect_strangers_tvg_1986.jpg

Excuse me, sir, but Mypos was near Greece, not in Minnesota. Perhaps you could brush up on your 80s television before making such bold statements!

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know, I actually quite like this collar:

eg04jc8.jpg

Add a dark charcoal Dior Homme-esque suit, and replace the pizza grenade tie with a silver basketweave or something, and I could see it would have its place.

But these ones...

eg01tj8.jpg

eg02sz8.jpg

He's just cut halfway up each collar point, then folded them back, right?

... right?

eg03bc1.jpg

I can see the frayed edges, man!

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
The thing is EG you aren't revolutionizing anything...you are just cutting out a few things in the collars and cuffs. If you had created an entire new concept of the shirt or trousers then perhaps you have some grounds for your delusions of mediocrity.

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eric glennie
Good Evening Gentlemen! I wanted to introduce the forum to the inventor of the crosswick crossover collar. ( design #6 on my websiteI www.ericglennie.com ). I created the first crossover collar in 1994 and the crosswick collar has been seen in almost every formal menswear shop in the country and perhaps around the world. I just wanted to let the menswear community know where this crossover style originated ( my basement). Please take a look at the attachment to view my patent. If there is any patent attorney that wishes to dispute my claim, please send me an email and my phone is always open. I just want to let the menswear historians out there know where this revolutionary style originated. Thanks Eric Glennie 952-913-8708

Originally Posted by tonylumpkin
lurker[1].gif

I knew it would be worth waiting for!
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics