Eric Glennie is officially in Business!!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by eric glennie, Jun 28, 2009.

1. eric glennie

eric glennie Senior member

Cutting holes in baseball hats is not fashion... and cutaway fashion has been around since the 80s, and it is not done by taking a scissor to some polyester cap. With all due respect, I dont think you have an eye for fashion. Stick with the congruent neck ties, at least youve got a gimmick there.

They say in MMA that you are not a Champion until you defend your belt once"

Fashion isnt fashion until you see the product worn on the street. I am fairly confident the kids and girls will enjoy wearing cutout visor baseball hats. I would be very interested where you went to fashion school because your statement about fashion is incorrect. The consumer dictates what is fashionable , not you. My job is to put a unique product in front of the consumer to see how they respond and if they open their wallets.

2. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

A student of fashion? You are a bigger douche than eric glennie could ever be.

fuck, I forgot sarcasm tags?

3. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

Oh hush hush eric, im just breaking your balls. I think your stuff looks shitty, but its just my opinion. You do have a market for your stuff, midwesterners will eat that shit up.

4. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

What really pisses me off is the fact you think the color and pattern of fabric is considered property of the designer when in fact the designer has no vested intellect in fabric. He or she or their assistants picks out a fabric style that looks cool from swatches sent by manufacturers , builds a dress or whatever based on other designers patterns, promotes thier line of clothes based on sex or celebrity, and now you kiss their ass because you think they are designers and create new ideas. The fashion industry is so hypocritical, political, and invested with superficial thinkers. I see your professor taught you how to follow the status quo rather than expand your horizons.
    Oh the student thing was a joke... Not all designers work that way. I have worked for fashion companies with thousands of employees and as little as 3. I have been sourcing with a designer I worked with before, all over NY and the east coast, not all designers believe everything they ready from Donnegar....They all work differently. I am very aware how the business works, but maybe the Minnesota fashion industry differs as compared to what happens in NY, who knows.

5. eric glennie

Oh hush hush eric, im just breaking your balls. I think your stuff looks shitty, but its just my opinion. You do have a market for your stuff, midwesterners will eat that shit up.

That's cool! Your opinion, whether good or bad, is appreciated. If I was here to stroke my ego then I would revel at the positive reactions, but for me the negative reactions will make my work stronger. Please take my line with a grain of salt! They are ideas. My photos are my drawings which needs the touches of a seamstress or manufacturer to move from prototype to product such as my ties went from prototype to manufacturing.

6. eric glennie

Cutting holes in baseball hats is not fashion... and cutaway fashion has been around since the 80s, and it is not done by taking a scissor to some polyester cap. With all due respect, I dont think you have an eye for fashion. Stick with the congruent neck ties, at least youve got a gimmick there.

Here is a photo from Paris in February, 2009

Do you still think I am a lunatic? I think NYC is keeping a low profile knowing that the most innovative , avant guarde designer in the history of American fashion isnt from the East Coast , but from MInnesota. This may explain why NYC isnt talking about EG. The photos dont lie and my designs have been all over Europe the past 3 seasons. I am not crazy , just misunderstood and being ripped off.
    [​IMG]

7. pdial

pdial Senior member

They say in MMA that you are not a Champion until you defend your belt once"

Fashion isnt fashion until you see the product worn on the street. I am fairly confident the kids and girls will enjoy wearing cutout visor baseball hats. I would be very interested where you went to fashion school because your statement about fashion is incorrect. The consumer dictates what is fashionable , not you. My job is to put a unique product in front of the consumer to see how they respond and if they open their wallets.

Did you do any research regarding this?

8. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

I can't think of anyone else more deserving of failure.
    The consumer dictates what is fashionable
    Not really, the fashion houses and the media dictate what's fashionable, the consumer simply follows.

9. eric glennie

Did you do any research regarding this?

Why would I spend $10k on research, when I could spend $10k on products to get the same question answered. Groundbreaking products dont have a history of success or failure so I will have to "wing" it. Who would ever think the slinky would take off.. My goal is to Make the product and see what happens. Research is just a waste of money for revolutionary ideas because there isnt a history of success or failure for my specific cutout visor hat. If you are selling a similar product in the marketplace then research is needed.

10. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

You are the most deluded person I have ever encountered.

11. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

"i Invented The Piano Key Necktie!" " I Feel Like I'm Taking Crazy Pills!"

12. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

Why would I spend $10k on research, when I could spend $10k on products to get the same question answered.

Because you are creating a product nobody wants... and research doesn't have to cost that much, if you work hard enough its free.

13. btinl

btinl Senior member

"i Invented The Piano Key Necktie!"

" I Feel Like I'm Taking Crazy Pills!"

[​IMG]

14. pdial

pdial Senior member

Why would I spend $10k on research, when I could spend $10k on products to get the same question answered. Groundbreaking products dont have a history of success or failure so I will have to "wing" it. Who would ever think the slinky would take off.. My goal is to Make the product and see what happens. Research is just a waste of money for revolutionary ideas because there isnt a history of success or failure for my specific cutout visor hat. If you are selling a similar product in the marketplace then research is needed.

Dude, no one is saying that you should spend $10k on research. You could walk around malls and ask people what they thought about your products and keep track of the results. Here let me show you how it works.

You: "Hey can you tell me what you think about this hat?"
    Random Person:"I think it's ugly"
    You: "Ok thanks"

Then you put that in the "no" column. You could have 3 people do that for a couple of weekends and get plenty of feedback. For someone you preaches "think outside the box" I would have thought that this is a no-brainer.

Groundbreaking products dont have a history of success or failure

If they don't succeed or fail, then what happens to them?

15. pdial

pdial Senior member

Because you are creating a product nobody wants... and research doesn't have to cost that much, if you work hard enough its free.

Exactly!