• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

orionz06

Reaction score
Teak oil sides Conniston!
On the multiple GMTO's running, not sure it's better one way or the other. FOMO is a thing, but FOMO for waiting for other GMTO's to run too is a thing. Let them run and people who are into both can speak up and figure things out from there. I

john_coburg

Reaction score
CALL TO ARMS: can i reinvigorate interest here in a GMTO for C&J Harlech's in Colour 8/Burgundy Horween Shell ? i fear we have but a few weeks to get our order in to avoid a price hike...we need 3 more punters!
Bumping this : we have four, and need two more punters for Harlech in Burgundy/Colour 8.
Can i interest anyone here?

Marmite89

Reaction score
Would you mind sending me a private message/post it here with the specifications :)

Specs are in this post of mine a few days ago:

We had so much interest and momentum only a very short while ago. In the spirit of trying to get some of these moving again, is it worth summarising some of the GMTO's that looked like they were getting to the point of crossing the line:

Burgundy Shell Cordovan Harlech - price quoted £975 - requires 6 participants at that price. We are at 4 names on the Google sheet and had been close but had a couple drop as we confirmed specs.
341 Last / Standard Harlech make-up: 4x blind eyelets / 4x speed hooks / storm welt / but with Ridgeway sole

Bakers Russian Grain Coniston - price quote £925 - requires 10 or 12 participants. The Google sheet has 8 names listed.
325 Last / Standard Consiton make-up: 4x blind eyelets / 4x antique brass speed hooks / storm welt / but with Ridgeway sole and half bellows tongue

Rough Out Suede Brown Islay - price quoted £510 - requires 12 participants at that fully MTO fees waived price. The Google sheet has 9 names on it at the time of writing.
365 Last / Standard Islay make-up: 4x exposed brass eyelets / 5x brass speed hooks / storm welt / but with Ridgeway sole

There are a bunch of other proposals on the Google sheet, but the ones above had the most momentum last time this thread was super active a few weeks back:

Navy Shell Coniston - Flat Welt / Double Leather Soles - 3 names down
Black Shell Coniston - Flat Welt / Double Leather Soles - 4 names down
Whiskey Shell Coniston - Flat Welt / Double Leather Soles - 2 names down
Teak Oiled Sides Coniston - Standard make-up other than half bellows tongue - 3 names down

Link to Google Sheet - there are other old and already in process make-ups for inspiration. But if we are to try and get anything over the line before the March price rise we will need consensus quickly and within the next 10 days max as, from experience, it tends to take a few days to round up all the payments.

As things stand I only have a dog in the Burgundy Harlech fight but if that isn't going to happen could be interested in the Russian Grain Coniston or Rough-out Islay.

Metrosey

Reaction score
Specs are in this post of mine a few days ago:
Would you mind listing out the pull tap colour, leather lining colour, stitch colour, edge colour, tongue gusset style, etc. Do we also have an example boot on the exact Horween shell colour, so I can make sure the ones I’m Googling are correct. Apologies if it is on the Google Sheet, as I’m on mobile, the formatting is all over the place haha :)

This colour shell, correct? https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...tch-jumper-in-burgundy-shell-cordovan.380170/

@Metrosey - you have what you need, squire? Let me know if we can add you to our sheet!

It would be my first Crocket and Jones boot, all my others are Trickers so I wouldn’t be sure on the fit. I’d have to order a couple of pairs from their website to know the best fit for me. Therefore, I’m not sure I’d be able to make this GMTO in time before the price increase, and I still have to convince myself to open the wallet.

Last edited:

Marmite89

Reaction score
Would you mind listing out the pull tap colour, leather lining colour, stitch colour, edge colour, tongue gusset style, etc. Do we also have an example boot on the exact Horween shell colour, so I can make sure the ones I’m Googling are correct. Apologies if it is on the Google Sheet, as I’m on mobile, the formatting is all over the place haha :)

This colour shell, correct? https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...tch-jumper-in-burgundy-shell-cordovan.380170/

It would be my first Crocket and Jones boot, all my others are Trickers so I wouldn’t be sure on the fit. I’d have to order a couple of pairs from their website to know the best fit for me. Therefore, I’m not sure I’d be able to make this GMTO in time before the price increase, and I still have to convince myself to open the wallet.

It will be the same colour Burgundy Shell as the Pembroke’s on C&J’s website. https://www.crockettandjones.com/co...ollection/products/pembroke-burgundy-cordovan

Other example images for Skye boots in the same colour: https://www.zwartjes.nl/heren/enkel...crockett-jones-skye-2-special_rood_24840.html

Trying to show colour matches online is super tricky as the Burgundy Shell shows up different hues depending on the lighting. I find it looks quite dark and understated on the C&J website, but other images you’ll find online are much redder, especially in good daylight.

In terms of the detailed specs, I think we were aiming for something quite understated, not opting for showy / contrasting details. The Skye’s linked to above had been my inspiration colour & finish wise. I was going to suggest that the experienced C&J designers opt for complimentary / matching colours.

Metrosey

Reaction score
It will be the same colour Burgundy Shell as the Pembroke’s on C&J’s website. https://www.crockettandjones.com/co...ollection/products/pembroke-burgundy-cordovan

Other example images for Skye boots in the same colour: https://www.zwartjes.nl/heren/enkel...crockett-jones-skye-2-special_rood_24840.html

Trying to show colour matches online is super tricky as the Burgundy Shell shows up different hues depending on the lighting. I find it looks quite dark and understated on the C&J website, but other images you’ll find online are much redder, especially in good daylight.

In terms of the detailed specs, I think we were aiming for something quite understated, not opting for showy / contrasting details. The Skye’s linked to above had been my inspiration colour & finish wise. I was going to suggest that the experienced C&J designers opt for complimentary / matching colours.
Thank you. Assume the fitting is an E (Standard)? When do you need a ‘I’m in’ confirmation? I might try and order a pair from their store today to make sure I get the correct sizing. I’m 11 in Trickers 4497, so I’ll try 11 in Harlech.

john_coburg

Reaction score
Thank you. Assume the fitting is an E (Standard)? When do you need a ‘I’m in’ confirmation? I might try and order a pair from their store today to make sure I get the correct sizing. I’m 11 in Trickers 4497, so I’ll try 11 in Harlech.
Great news @Metrosey. Ideally as soon as you can, as the price hike is looming at the end of the month, and could well be sizeable. Do you think the end of next week is realistic? That's really about as long as we've got i think.

Metrosey

Reaction score
Great news @Metrosey. Ideally as soon as you can, as the price hike is looming at the end of the month, and could well be sizeable. Do you think the end of next week is realistic? That's really about as long as we've got i think.
To be honest I’m not sure I’d make it in time, I might have to sit this one out. It’s come at an awkward time as I’m currently booking hotels and further travel, and I’m not sure how much is going to be left in the wallet after those purchases.

At the moment I’m like a grandfather clock, swinging left (wallet open) and right (wallet close) haha, so I might change my mind in a few days.

If you don’t make the numbers, and you’d be doing it again near the end of the year or start of next year, please do contact me.

Style989

Reaction score
Good news gents. The Crockett and Jones manager managed to get the factory accept 9 participants at the GMTO price. So we are good to go on the brown rough out Islay. He noted that the price increase will come march 1st so to avoid it we will need to get the order in before then

john_coburg

Reaction score
To be honest I’m not sure I’d make it in time, I might have to sit this one out. It’s come at an awkward time as I’m currently booking hotels and further travel, and I’m not sure how much is going to be left in the wallet after those purchases.

At the moment I’m like a grandfather clock, swinging left (wallet open) and right (wallet close) haha, so I might change my mind in a few days.

If you don’t make the numbers, and you’d be doing it again near the end of the year or start of next year, please do contact me.
This is a shame! Remember, if we wait until later in the year, it will be more expensive (my guess is 15‐20%, given where inflation is)...we have just 9 calendar days to go, otherwise I'll have to put in a single order myself.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads