• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

oldworldelegance

Reaction score
We had so much interest and momentum only a very short while ago. In the spirit of trying to get some of these moving again, is it worth summarising some of the GMTO's that looked like they were getting to the point of crossing the line:

Burgundy Shell Cordovan Harlech - price quoted £975 - requires 6 participants at that price. We are at 4 names on the Google sheet and had been close but had a couple drop as we confirmed specs.
341 Last / Standard Harlech make-up: 4x blind eyelets / 4x speed hooks / storm welt / but with Ridgeway sole

Bakers Russian Grain Coniston - price quote £925 - requires 10 or 12 participants. The Google sheet has 8 names listed.
325 Last / Standard Consiton make-up: 4x blind eyelets / 4x antique brass speed hooks / storm welt / but with Ridgeway sole and half bellows tongue

Rough Out Suede Brown Islay - price quoted £510 - requires 12 participants at that fully MTO fees waived price. The Google sheet has 9 names on it at the time of writing.
365 Last / Standard Islay make-up: 4x exposed brass eyelets / 5x brass speed hooks / storm welt / but with Ridgeway sole

There are a bunch of other proposals on the Google sheet, but the ones above had the most momentum last time this thread was super active a few weeks back:

Navy Shell Coniston - Flat Welt / Double Leather Soles - 3 names down
Black Shell Coniston - Flat Welt / Double Leather Soles - 4 names down
Whiskey Shell Coniston - Flat Welt / Double Leather Soles - 2 names down
Teak Oiled Sides Coniston - Standard make-up other than half bellows tongue - 3 names down

Link to Google Sheet - there are other old and already in process make-ups for inspiration. But if we are to try and get anything over the line before the March price rise we will need consensus quickly and within the next 10 days max as, from experience, it tends to take a few days to round up all the payments.

As things stand I only have a dog in the Burgundy Harlech fight but if that isn't going to happen could be interested in the Russian Grain Coniston or Rough-out Islay.

There are many exciting GMTOs ongoing albeit mostly Conistons. I already own one, and others do too, which might damp interest somewhat. I'm tempted by the Harlech, the issue is that I already own two pairs of burgundy cordovan shoes.

oldworldelegance

Reaction score
About the Ridgeway sole, how does it compare to the standard Dainite one? It seems like it would be more stable under snow/icy/wet conditions. The profile however looks chunkier and/or uneven. As it's used in some ongoing GMTOs it would be nice to get some opinions from those of you that own both. Thanks!

john_coburg

Reaction score
You can't have too many burgundy cordovan shoes... i have two also!
Mere days to go until the price hike. Can we get you over the line?

john_coburg

Reaction score
About the Ridgeway sole, how does it compare to the standard Dainite one? It seems like it would be more stable under snow/icy/wet conditions. The profile however looks chunkier and/or uneven. As it's used in some ongoing GMTOs it would be nice to get some opinions from those of you that own both. Thanks!
@Crafty Cumbrian can opine on this. I believe it to be better in wet/ice.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great, I am just waiting for the store manager to send the payment link. As soon as he does I will forward to everyone
Check your DM.

Gustaf

Reaction score

Yes, Ridgeway has a lot more grip and handles slippery conditions better than Dainite studded, does not collect debris like a Commando or Vibram cleated, and is more comfortable than all those. This is my opinion, but I believe it is shared by a majority of those who have tried them.

One downside is the uneven side profile on the heel (for aesthetic reasons), but it’s hardly noticeable when on foot.

Marmite89

Reaction score
Good news gents. The Crockett and Jones manager managed to get the factory accept 9 participants at the GMTO price. So we are good to go on the brown rough out Islay. He noted that the price increase will come march 1st so to avoid it we will need to get the order in before then

Do you have the price confirmed? Still the £510 quoted in the Google sheet?

owenshill

Reaction score
It would be great if we could get the Russian grain Coniston over the finish line before the price hike. We're only two members away. Anyone on the bubble who wants to commit?

Style989

Reaction score
Great news, I'm in! Do you need an email for payment link or will they go through DMs?
I'm working with the store manager on getting individual payment links instead one big payment for the whole amount. As soon as I have it, I will send over to everyone

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads