• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett and Jones 351

TKDKid

Reaction score
More pics of the 351:

Barstow

329.jpg

343.jpg

Russell

330.jpg

Babelfish translation of the notice posted on the C&J Paris site:

- innovations in a few words... -

This winter, from the new shapes of assembly come to enrich the line "Hand Grade *":

A square and long form, 358 which is an evolution of the 337, the well-known one of the amateurs, offers a line balanced between tradition and modernity.

The 351, it, revolutionizes the idea of the English shoe. Carved by the bootmaker of the house, Dimitri Gomez, it asserts one of the ends most pointed in Goodyear, while getting one fitting insolate comfort in a timeless style.

You will find all the models in the heading "Collections/Nouveautes" and will discover, we hope it, that the tradition is moving towards the future.

Passionately,

The team of Crockett & Jones Paris
Another new model on the 358 - Selborne:

selborne_11_b.jpg

but I'm more interested in these two regular line models on the 348:

Jodhpur

jodhpur_12_-_face_web_(9).jpg

Seaford

seaford_29m_-_face_web_(1).jpg

inlove.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
blush.gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
TK..

I love all of these new models. C&J is really giving Lobb a run for their money.

I haven't worn Tavistock I, let alone bought Tavistock II yet.
blush.gif

I agree. Of the "Big Three" I think C&J has by far the most elegant lasts. If their leather and finishing were only a step better, they would be a no brainer as the best available out of England. I have no idea why the CJ lasts appeal to me so much and the EG lasts so little.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These new C&J lasts show a mature though quiet elegance not necessarily found in some of the forum favorites--EG, G&G and Lobb.

In fact, if I were to be frank, I find some of the lasts produced by the above mentioned, somewhat tacky.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow. The 358 is just about perfect.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am particularly fond of the 350 and 358. Now all they need to do is improve their antiquing processes a wee bit and they will surely compare favorably to JL/EG from a price-to-value ratio standpoint. Similar sleekness, depth, and fit will basically negate my desire to spend twice as much on a pair of shoes.

HappymaN

Reaction score
I'll be in London in December, think I might pick up a pair of oxfords in the new 351 last. How much would I expect to pay? Also, do C&J have sales on Boxing Day?

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Khoa
I'll be in London in December, think I might pick up a pair of oxfords in the new 351 last. How much would I expect to pay? Also, do C&J have sales on Boxing Day?

You'll have to make a detour through Paris to get them. Other models will be available at the C&J Jermyn St or Burlington Arcade stores. Expect to pay upwards of 250 GBP a pair.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I agree. Of the "Big Three" I think C&J has by far the most elegant lasts. If their leather and finishing were only a step better, they would be a no brainer as the best available out of England.

My C&J handgrades crease less than any other shoe I own, including my EG. The differences in antiquing between the two are obvious but I can't really see a difference in leather quality. I guess the creasing differences could also be due to the way my foot fits the two different lasts (337 & 888).

I admittedly haven't owned either C&J or EG shoe I speak of for that long though, so maybe the differences in leather quality will become more apparent over time.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
These new C&J lasts show a mature though quiet elegance not necessarily found in some of the forum favorites--EG, G&G and Lobb. In fact, if I were to be frank, I find some of the lasts produced by the above mentioned, somewhat tacky.
I had thought just the opposite - that the C&J lasts were a bit more stylized and as such were marginally more fashion-y

The more credible criticism of EG IMO is that the lasts are stodgy - quiet and mature to a fault.

I see G&G as being similar to C&J in terms of lasts with Lobb occupying a nice middle ground between the sedateness of EG and the extroverted sleekness of G&G or C&J.

CommercialDoc

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea when these new Paris lasts will be available from a retailer like PLAL? Do they have access to the newer models and lasts?

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm going to meet the father of the 351 on friday ,the famous or infamous Dimitri Gomez ....

I have a lot of questions to ask him on the global evolution of the last on the EG ,Lobb,G&G end of the market....
Lasts tend to be more chiseled and less boxy than recently....

G&G has always been quite fashion forward ,like with the laser bespke samples,but Dimitri is definitively an artisan...
Funny trend at the moment...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics