• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Critique my first bespoke suit, what do you think?

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by madjbs
Because 90% of it was concerning the same thing which I already explained on the first half of the first page, TOO YOU and you still don't get it. Go and find another thread to play in if you don't like this one.
This thread in a nutshell: "Do you wish to look smart or are you merely looking for a new aversion of what you are wearing at the moment... something ill-fitting? We've all seen you and we all thought you were a turd. Do you wish to be smart or do you wish to leave this place as you entered it, looking like a slack-jawed spit? I'm trying to help you have standards." The butler is right, though

madjbs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
I boldfaced WW Chan for a reason. I don't have experience with any other tailors on that list.

Please don't respond. This thread needs to die. And your suit still sucks.

And a WW Chan suit is three times the price. It is like someone asking what a good mid range saloon would be and someone recommending them to buy an S class Mercedes.

This is my thread, I can post as many responses as I please. If you don't like it go and find another thread to comment in.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And a WW Chan suit is three times the price. It is like someone asking what a good mid range saloon would be and someone recommending them to buy an S class Mercedes.

This is my thread, I can post as many responses as I please. If you don't like it go and find another thread to comment in.

487775240_3a5b577b87.jpg

laugh.gif
I'm just messing with you dude. I hope your next suit turns out good. Its clear this one needs a little work, just lighten up a little and take some very good advice that was given to you. 99% of the people on the street wont bat an eye, but you are on SF, you did ask... and this is what you get

madjbs

Reaction score
Fair enough and your right, most people would not bat an eyelid.

Some posters have indeed given some useful advice which will help me next time I get something made and to those people I am thankful.

Others have just shown themselves to be the idiots that they are, uninterested in posting anything constructive and resorting to rude insults when challenged. They have been added to the ignore list as a result.

Yika

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cioni2k
487775240_3a5b577b87.jpg

laugh.gif
I'm just messing with you dude. I hope your next suit turns out good. Its clear this one needs a little work, just lighten up a little and take some very good advice that was given to you. 99% of the people on the street wont bat an eye, but you are on SF, you did ask... and this is what you get

From the picture, it looks like half his arse was exposed and made him his hips look wide. Fashion or not, you must know what works and what doesn't based on your own body shape.

Won't comment on the choice of fabric as i have limited exp dealing with said material.

The back of the pants looks like it could use some work cleaning up. IMO a more tapered finish on the pants would complement your suit better.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlongano
While generally true, this is not always the case...the Anderson Little blazer comes to mind as an example of an exception to this statement.

This is true.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Proves my point quite nicely really doesn't it.

Rather pathetic indeed GBR. I bet you feel very proud of yourself now don't you?

Not in the slightest, merely suggesting how your one man campaaign to achieve the longest thread is doomed to failure.

You would do better to exhibit some humility though that is probably a forlorn hope. If you can't stand the criticism which clearly is beyond you, withdraw gracefully.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR
Not in the slightest, merely suggesting how your one man campaaign to achieve the longest thread is doomed to failure.

The Foo is weak in this one. Only the Foo can achieve the longest thread known to Style Forvm.

madjbs

Reaction score
Quite the opposite actually GBR, you did not criticize, you posted a very inflammatory, rude and aggressive post and I quite rightly criticized you for it.

A quick scan of your previous posts on this forum show immediately what kind of poster you are. You take a back seat and fire criticism at everything (more than half of your posts appear to be similar to what you originally posted here). Yet in the whole 1800 posts you have amassed here you have only started just over half a dozen threads and none of them included any of your clothing (which judging by your criticism of everyone else on this forum should almost be untouchable).

You are not the kind of person I value the opinion of or are even worth listening too, so you are going on the ignore list as well.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quite the opposite actually GBR, you did not criticize, you posted a very inflammatory, rude and aggressive post and I quite rightly criticized you for it.

A quick scan of your previous posts on this forum show immediately what kind of poster you are. You take a back seat and fire criticism at everything (more than half of your posts appear to be similar to what you originally posted here). Yet in the whole 1800 posts you have amassed here you have only started just over half a dozen threads and none of them included any of your clothing (which judging by your criticism of everyone else on this forum should almost be untouchable).

You are not the kind of person I value the opinion of or are even worth listening too, so you are going on the ignore list as well.

Madjbs, I take back everything that I said. Your suit looks AWESOME. I don't think you should change a thing. I sure wouldn't want to end up on your ignore list!

Yika

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
Madjbs, I take back everything that I said. Your suit looks AWESOME. I don't think you should change a thing. I sure wouldn't want to end up on your ignore list!

if i quote this, would madjbs be able to see?

madjbs

Reaction score
So JRD Gent GBR and a few others have managed to ruin a thread which could have been useful to me and others looking to buy a Tailored suit in SEA. Well done, you lot are undoubtedly a great asset to this forum.....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics