• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Critique my first bespoke suit, what do you think?

Zackb911

Reaction score
OP needs thicker skin and to change his attitude. I hope it's just youth to blame.
facepalm.gif

madjbs

Reaction score
You mistake thin skin with having an opinion, or newbie daring to respond (which anyone has the right to do) to SF members criticism

Oh and my attitude has been perfectly fine throughout this thread, more than can be said for many others....

I might be younger than some here but I am not the one post rude and insulting one liners or rants. Thats pretty teenage behavior if you ask me.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by madjbs
You mistake thin skin with having an opinion.

Oh and my attitude has been perfectly fine throughout this thread, more than can be said for many others....

meh.ro5380.jpg

madjbs

Reaction score
Im not mad in the slightest. I will say what I beleive and stick by it, stubborn but not mad.
smile.gif

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where are your pictures?

madjbs

Reaction score
I deleted them due to the rude posts by a couple of members. I was going to post proper ones up tommorow taken in good light etc.. but I won't be doing that now as anything I do post will be invaded by the same few members trying to prove a point.

Edit: The criticism doesn't bother me but when a few people take it too far I don't see why I should bother anymore. The moderate folk of the forum who actually have some respect for others should get rid of these idiots.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I deleted them due to the rude posts by a couple of members. I was going to post proper ones up tommorow taken in good light etc.. but I won't be doing that now as anything I do post will be invaded by the same few members trying to prove a point.

Well, don't continue to keep the thread alive if you have lost the sack to keep the pics up. If it is a trainwreck, take the beating and learn from it.

Mike

madjbs

Reaction score
I don't see why I should keep the pics up if i just get abuse from the same few people over and over again on every single page. They made their point, I made mine, but they can't let it go and move on to a different thread.

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why the well-dressed gentlemen on this forum (like madjbs) get so much abuse. Seriously, I think the suit looks great.

^hoping OP puts the pics back up because I didn't get to see it. I was away for a few days.

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see why I should keep the pics up if i just get abuse from the same few people over and over again on every single page. They made their point, I made mine, but they can't let it go and move on to a different thread.

Or i think a better idea is for those people giving you the abuse to put up pics of their own perfectly fitting suits.

madjbs

Reaction score
Exactly!

It is interesting to note that not one of them have posted any of their pieces, let alone a suit!

They can't take people questioning their opinion, god knows what would happen if someone criticized their outfit!
tongue.gif

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly!

It is interesting to note that not one of them have posted any of their pieces, let alone a suit!

They can't take people questioning their opinion, god knows what would happen if someone criticized their outfit!
tongue.gif

Having not seen the pics or read any of the posts in this thread, I think I can be a fair judge of the fit. Please post pics and send me the links. Thanks.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jeff13007
Or i think a better idea is for those people giving you the abuse to put up pics of their own perfectly fitting suits.

I swore I would avoid this thread but its so frustrating to see it constantly at the top of the first page. This is a terrible argument. Nobody MADE the OP post up pictures. At the end of the day, according to SF it wasn't a good fit, and he didn't like what he heard. So he took them down.

He Chose to post the pictures and ASKED for input. Why would anyone that was asked by the OP be required to post a picture of themselves?

madjbs

Reaction score
The reasons I took the pictures down are stated above. It has nothing to do with not liking what I heard.

Perfect pictures of your own perfect suits would give your opinions validity for a start. It would also show that the people that love to insult are actually capable of taking as well, it appears most of them haven't ever posted anything, so what does that say! They can't take people questioning their opinion let alone their suits.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads