• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Corduroy

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a few pair of Brooks Brothers wide-wale cords that are appropriate for casual wear or for the office. They are also probably some of the most comfortable pants I own. I also have a few pair of the JCrew trouser fit width thin wale cords that I got in 2008. They have held up OK but as mentioned earlier in the thread, the material is relatively thin.

I have a random red pair of Hickey Freeman cords that I really love with a nice medium wale and really heavy material but I've lost a bunch of weight and they no longer fit unfortunately.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Love the sw cords I picked up a couple of years ago with a helmut langish cut, grey and black made with japanese corduroy.

Yes corduroy does stretch.

helo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Love the sw cords I picked up a couple of years ago with a helmut langish cut, grey and black made with japanese corduroy.

Yes corduroy does stretch.

I looked at South Willard's online shop but couldn't find these cords, are there any other place online that would possibly stock these?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
He sold out of them quick and hasn't restocked in awhile just like the jeans (which he just got in again). I think he is still trying to get more made, I would call him and ask it will motivate him to get them sooner than later.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I really like the curry colored OC x Levis cords... the fit is great and the color is one i'd only seen from AA in their hipster unisex fit.

I hope since they're on Levis.com the price will drop though 150 is steep for what are essentially repro 80's cords IMO.

robb9e

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
I really like the curry colored OC x Levis cords... the fit is great and the color is one i'd only seen from AA in their hipster unisex fit.

I hope since they're on Levis.com the price will drop though 150 is steep for what are essentially repro 80's cords IMO.

robb9e

I just saw these is there any fit pics anywhere?

eggyhustles

Reaction score
Are there any cords that fit like 514's? i've called every levis store in NYC and none seem to carry them anymore
eh.gif
and since i'm a chubby guy, 511's are too skinny
frown.gif
Urban outfitters has them, but they only carry up to a 36( i need a 38-40)
This is the exact pair i'm looking for

Color says Aged Birch
41U4AILbzkL._SS400_.jpg

41%2Bb3W2DA0L._SS400_.jpg

TheDroog

Reaction score
Hmm, interesting, seems like the 514 cords have been phased out. Weird. The closest match to the fit of the 514s I've found are Gap's Authentic Fit cords. They have a higher rise than the 514s, but I like that. Quite slim through the legs. You might have to wait till fall for Gap to restock. But by fall I'm betting 514 cords will be back as well.

mshemons

Reaction score
I really wish I could find some good courdoroys in a length that will fit me. I need a 36" or 37" inseam and no one seems to make them longer than 34".

I'm tired of my only options being jeans or dressier slacks.

syc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheDroog
Hmm, interesting, seems like the 514 cords have been phased out. Weird. The closest match to the fit of the 514s I've found are Gap's Authentic Fit cords. They have a higher rise than the 514s, but I like that. Quite slim through the legs. You might have to wait till fall for Gap to restock. But by fall I'm betting 514 cords will be back as well.

It doesn't look like there will be 514 cords from Levi's this fall. We were late getting them online, so we have a pretty good selection left. Looks like the cord focus for Levi's this fall will be in 505s, which is a more traditional fit than the 514s. Basically, they should be more like 501 cords, but with a zipper.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads