• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've heard that as a result of this story, they received over $150,000 in donations within 24 hours... so they will probably be okay.

I've only been there once and I love that place!
?
Great news, thank you.

CL is really an amazing cultural institution, and so many of those are really teetering these days.

brokencycle

Reaction score
That table I posted was something my wife found. She contacted the company and they want 2900GBP for the base. :'(

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That table I posted was something my wife found. She contacted the company and they want 2900GBP for the base. :'(
Maybe take a look at some of the dining tables at White on White? We have the Amsterdam in the office.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any one have suggestions for blankets or throws created by native-american owned or supported companies? I considered Pendleton but they're Native-inspired. I did a search a few days back and came across eighth generation which has some cool designs otherwise didn't see much else online. Would like to see what else is out there before I make a decision.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any one have suggestions for blankets or throws created by native-american owned or supported companies? I considered Pendleton but they're Native-inspired. I did a search a few days back and came across eighth generation which has some cool designs otherwise didn't see much else online. Would like to see what else is out there before I make a decision.
I had some good friends living in Albuquerque, and remember the smaller villages between Santa Fe and Taos were populated by many N-A weavers. I remember Chimayo in particular, some beautiful blankets and rugs there, but do not remember the names of the shops or weavers.

Searching for Taos, Chimayo, Truchas, Trampas, etc, weavers might turn up some shops, or if not perhaps contacting some of the larger shops in Santa Fe/Taos might result in some leads.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Maybe take a look at some of the dining tables at White on White? We have the Amsterdam in the office.

I like the Amsterdam. Today our dining table is all glass, so we were thinking about changing out the base.

The other idea was something like this:

1586672153878.png

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paging @Gus in Santa Fe ?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

As you may know there are three types of blankets and throws, upright hand woven blankets/rugs, those woven on horizontal looms and those woven by machine. The hand woven upright method is unique to Navajo blankets which are true works of art that can be seen at galleries such as Shiprock in Santa Fe https://www.shiprocksantafe.com Shiprock is owned by a fifth generation trading post family, having been raised on the Navajo Nation, and Jeb is very much a supporter and advocate of Native American craftspeople.

This is the traditional upright weaving method used to make an authentic Navajo rug/blanket

unnamed.jpg

For traditional hand loomed blankets/throws there are several weaver/retailers in Chimayo, just north of Santa Fe, NM on the road to Taos, where they have been weaving traditional styles on wooden looms for 200+ years. (These are not considered "Navajo" rugs or blankets due to the weaving method) If you do a search for "Chimayo Weaving" a few different retailer/weavers will come up including Ortega. These are blended families of Spanish, Mexican and Native American ancestry that have lived in New Mexico since the 1700's and are still making blankets and other items on these looms today. Their various websites will give you more details: http://www.ortegasweaving.com/history.php
http://www.chimayoweavers.com

This is a typical Chimayo loom as still used today:

a_chimayo_weaver_at_his_loom.jpg

There is a gallery in Santa Fe that specializes in both new and vintage trade blankets (e.g. Pendelton) and vintage Chimayo blankets. I would contact them for photos and prices. They also have some excellent books all about Native American weavings and trade blankets. https://www.rainbowman.com

Something to consider is the rich history and authentic connection between Pendleton and Native Americans. Many fine galleries here in Santa Fe sell the historic Pendleton blankets (both new and vintage) as well as hand woven new and vintage Native American rugs, blankets/robes side, by side as they are both very much a part of this regions history and continue to be used by Native Americans today. Native weavers have traded their hand woven blankets at trading posts for these machine woven wool blankets (such as Pendleton) food, tools and other supplies for well over a hundred years.
You can read more about that here: https://www.crazycrow.com/site/rise-of-pendleton-trade-blankets/

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As you may know there are three types of blankets and throws, upright hand woven blankets/rugs, those woven on horizontal looms and those woven by machine. The hand woven upright method is unique to Navajo blankets which are true works of art that can be seen at galleries such as Shiprock in Santa Fe https://www.shiprocksantafe.com Shiprock is owned by a fifth generation trading post family, having been raised on the Navajo Nation, and Jeb is very much a supporter and advocate of Native American craftspeople.

This is the traditional upright weaving method used to make an authentic Navajo rug/blanket

View attachment 1370005

For traditional hand loomed blankets/throws there are several weaver/retailers in Chimayo, just north of Santa Fe, NM on the road to Taos, where they have been weaving traditional styles on wooden looms for 200+ years. (These are not considered "Navajo" rugs or blankets due to the weaving method) If you do a search for "Chimayo Weaving" a few different retailer/weavers will come up including Ortega. These are blended families of Spanish, Mexican and Native American ancestry that have lived in New Mexico since the 1700's and are still making blankets and other items on these looms today. Their various websites will give you more details: http://www.ortegasweaving.com/history.php
http://www.chimayoweavers.com

This is a typical Chimayo loom as still used today:

View attachment 1370009

There is a gallery in Santa Fe that specializes in both new and vintage trade blankets (e.g. Pendelton) and vintage Chimayo blankets. I would contact them for photos and prices. They also have some excellent books all about Native American weavings and trade blankets. https://www.rainbowman.com

Something to consider is the rich history and authentic connection between Pendleton and Native Americans. Many fine galleries here in Santa Fe sell the historic Pendleton blankets (both new and vintage) as well as hand woven new and vintage Native American rugs, blankets/robes side, by side as they are both very much a part of this regions history and continue to be used by Native Americans today. Native weavers have traded their hand woven blankets at trading posts for these machine woven wool blankets (such as Pendleton) food, tools and other supplies for well over a hundred years.
You can read more about that here: https://www.crazycrow.com/site/rise-of-pendleton-trade-blankets/
?

Wow, perfect. Thanks so much for the precision when all I could recall were the most basic basics of "around Santa Fe and Taos".

I do remember really liking Chimayo a lot, and that entire road. It was so beautiful, and calm. A really wonderful area; would love to live there if I could.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is an awesome website. Know any others like this?

Basically looking for original modern designs that aren't replicas of classics.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was so beautiful, and calm. A really wonderful area; would love to live there if I could.

That is why we chose to move here. We came here and two days later I had a real estate agent looking for homes. It is a very special place - beautiful scenery, great outdoors, rich history of Native American, Spanish, Mexican and Old West, and the area has been a magnet for creativity, especially artists and writers, since the 1800's (plus good food). I'm surprised more tech companies haven't moved to Albuquerque/Santa Fe but maybe they will now, especially after NetFlix. There are only a little more than 2MM people in the 5th largest state in the country so no problem with social distancing. :)

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We picked up this side table. It is made of elm and from the UK. However, it fits perfectly in our home where we are using all neutrals and, aside from upholstered pieces, light colored Southwest rustic wood mixed with contemporary. This looks right at home with rustic Mexican/New Mexican pieces.

IMG_3464.jpeg

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is an awesome website. Know any others like this?

Basically looking for original modern designs that aren't replicas of classics.
Hmm... I’m not very good at keeping bookmarks of stuff. Some that come to mind: TRNK NYC, Crofthouse LA, Schoolhouse, Akron Street, Thuma, hem, Hay, Tom Raffield (bentwood), humanhome (lighting), Menu.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
After too many hours wasted looking for a quality tea tray, I connected with SkinnyGoomba to work on this custom piece.

3A0455E3-F5B4-4D16-8ABE-AA5912E59FF1.jpeg

For those unfamiliar, traditional Chinese gong fu-style tea brewing involves pouring and spilling a lot of boiling water all over the place. You need some sort or receptacle under your teapot and other accoutrements to catch the water.

This version that Skinny is making for me is similar in form to the typical, inexpensive bamboo boxes commonly available, but infinitely better made, more water resistant, and built to last. Bamboo is cheap and looks good when new, but will crack, warp, and leak over time. Other tea trays from China and Taiwan tend to be far more ornate and/or ugly.

We went through a ton of iterations together before coming back to this simple, proven design. Functionally, there’s not much to improve on.

884E9C34-5160-4D36-8814-48328785FDE8.jpeg

We chose yellow cedar for the wood—same stuff used in Japanese bathtubs. No finish. Should take on a gorgeous tea-stained patina.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads