• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any recommendations of online places to buy rugs? Thinking I want a white/cream fluffy sheepskin rug or the like to start.

lefty

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

lefty
I'm going to kop a 6000 gram from Flokati for under the lounge chair. Thanks.

For under the desk, I'm leaning towards orange or red Oriental style. What do you think about an animal motif?

This is normally not something I think I go for, but I like the colors and something about a non-pattern/non-solid is appealing to me for some reason. But a part of me thinks it is crazy and I'll end up hating it.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first thought is that with figurative design like that, you would want to have it all in plain view to be able to see the motif, whereas a geometric or non figurative design would be better suited to go under a desk or other furniture.

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My first thought is that with figurative design like that, you would want to have it all in plain view to be able to see the motif, whereas a geometric or non figurative design would be better suited to go under a desk or other furniture.
That's a good point. It would go under the desk I posted above, just as an fyi.

CHenry

Reaction score

For under the desk, I'm leaning towards orange or red Oriental style. What do you think about an animal motif?

This is normally not something I think I go for, but I like the colors and something about a non-pattern/non-solid is appealing to me for some reason. But a part of me thinks it is crazy and I'll end up hating it.

Or a Gabbeh.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope you don't have shedding pets, because while they can be comfortable especially flokati and even gabbeh rugs are a pita to keep clean.

You might also check out kilim.com.

Personally, not a fan of the tiger.

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in Palm Springs next week for the Desert Modernism thing and then your folks come to town. Y'all enjoy.

1581741139093.png

Last edited:

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First, tigers on rugs.
Then, panthers in cologne boxes.
Then, bears in Palm Springs for some modernist harmonic convergence frolic.
One can only guess at what comes next....

In any case, as previously stated above in post #10,583* (but it apparently warrants repeating): do not buy a flokati rug if you live with furry pets....

*Damn there are a lot of posts in this thread!

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a funny looking tiger!
Indeed....*
1970s-tiger-motif-handmade-wool-rug-38-4-7813.jpg

It's the rug tiger version of that botched "Ecce Homo" fresco restoration in Spain:

ecce homo restoration.jpg

*And why on earth is a green-nosed mustachioed spotted tiger defecating an entire fish, whole bird, or a pair of stiletto heels???

Last edited:

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First, tigers on rugs.
Then, panthers in cologne boxes.
Then, bears in Palm Springs for some modernist harmonic convergence frolic.
One can only guess at what comes next....

In any case, as previously stated above in post #10,583* (but it apparently warrants repeating): do not buy a flokati rug if you live with furry pets....

*Damn there are a lot of posts in this thread!
I have a lab/hound/shepherd mix that sheds a fair amount, and he will totally lay on this. Alternatives? Or ideas on how to keep it clean/clean it?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 75 17.0%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 145 32.9%
  • 8”

Votes: 130 29.5%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%