• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any recommendations of online places to buy rugs? Thinking I want a white/cream fluffy sheepskin rug or the like to start.

lefty

brokencycle

Reaction score

lefty

I'm going to kop a 6000 gram from Flokati for under the lounge chair. Thanks.

For under the desk, I'm leaning towards orange or red Oriental style. What do you think about an animal motif?

This is normally not something I think I go for, but I like the colors and something about a non-pattern/non-solid is appealing to me for some reason. But a part of me thinks it is crazy and I'll end up hating it.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first thought is that with figurative design like that, you would want to have it all in plain view to be able to see the motif, whereas a geometric or non figurative design would be better suited to go under a desk or other furniture.

brokencycle

Reaction score
My first thought is that with figurative design like that, you would want to have it all in plain view to be able to see the motif, whereas a geometric or non figurative design would be better suited to go under a desk or other furniture.

That's a good point. It would go under the desk I posted above, just as an fyi.

CHenry

Reaction score

For under the desk, I'm leaning towards orange or red Oriental style. What do you think about an animal motif?

This is normally not something I think I go for, but I like the colors and something about a non-pattern/non-solid is appealing to me for some reason. But a part of me thinks it is crazy and I'll end up hating it.

Or a Gabbeh.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope you don't have shedding pets, because while they can be comfortable especially flokati and even gabbeh rugs are a pita to keep clean.

You might also check out kilim.com.

Personally, not a fan of the tiger.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, yes, but why is it here? How drunk are you?

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in Palm Springs next week for the Desert Modernism thing and then your folks come to town. Y'all enjoy.

1581741139093.png

Last edited:

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First, tigers on rugs.
Then, panthers in cologne boxes.
Then, bears in Palm Springs for some modernist harmonic convergence frolic.
One can only guess at what comes next....

In any case, as previously stated above in post #10,583* (but it apparently warrants repeating): do not buy a flokati rug if you live with furry pets....

*Damn there are a lot of posts in this thread!

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a funny looking tiger!
Indeed....*
1970s-tiger-motif-handmade-wool-rug-38-4-7813.jpg

It's the rug tiger version of that botched "Ecce ****" fresco restoration in Spain:

ecce homo restoration.jpg

*And why on earth is a green-nosed mustachioed spotted tiger defecating an entire fish, whole bird, or a pair of stiletto heels???

Last edited:

brokencycle

Reaction score
First, tigers on rugs.
Then, panthers in cologne boxes.
Then, bears in Palm Springs for some modernist harmonic convergence frolic.
One can only guess at what comes next....

In any case, as previously stated above in post #10,583* (but it apparently warrants repeating): do not buy a flokati rug if you live with furry pets....

*Damn there are a lot of posts in this thread!

I have a lab/hound/shepherd mix that sheds a fair amount, and he will totally lay on this. Alternatives? Or ideas on how to keep it clean/clean it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads