• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What do people think of room and board’s quality for the price?

got a kid so don’t want to go really expensive, William and Sonoma doesn’t really work with my aesthetics, EQ3 looks almost IKEA cheap so I’m assuming looking like IKEA in 2 years (which might be the reality with a kid and pet anyway...)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Very sturdy stuff if you like the look. We have some R&B stuff that’s 10-12 years old and went through 4 moves. Still sturdy, not a wobbly part

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve had a Room and Board sofa for just a few months, so can’t say much about how they hold up over time. But I did a lot of searching and testing in the 2k-ish budget range, and for the money it’s the best I found. Also have a kid so was concerned about that too, but ours cleans up easily. (Obviously that’s going to depend on the upholstery you choose.)

Probably not a super helpful review, but one guy’s experience....

Edit: To echo Greg, it definitely feels sturdy, more so than other sofas I’ve had in this price range. The office I work in also has a few Room and Board sofas in high traffic areas and they seem to hold up.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any leads on more similar storage units like this?

Thinking about storing all my media stuff in here (i.e. antenna sits at top, projector stored inside and closed off when not in use). The glass because the TV tuner and remote must face each other to be responsive. Everything else through Fire TV is fine. Using a bluetooth sound system at the moment so no need to store it (it's the newer Echo Studio I have on the opposite wall). I imagine it will be simple to punch a hole or two on the backing to run wires.

Sliding doors because it will not be an eyesore when using the projector.

The alternative was this. Maybe a little more work if I decide to watch local channels through the TV tuner + antenna. Edit: I probably will only use the wiring at the bottom, which may mean longer cables are needed.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve had a Room and Board sofa for just a few months, so can’t say much about how they hold up over time. But I did a lot of searching and testing in the 2k-ish budget range, and for the money it’s the best I found. Also have a kid so was concerned about that too, but ours cleans up easily. (Obviously that’s going to depend on the upholstery you choose.)

Probably not a super helpful review, but one guy’s experience....

Edit: To echo Greg, it definitely feels sturdy, more so than other sofas I’ve had in this price range. The office I work in also has a few Room and Board sofas in high traffic areas and they seem to hold up.
We checked out sofa from R&B though end up getting from Interior Define, have a desk coming from R&B though.

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a few R&B pieces: they were headquartered in Minnesota, so they were much more ubiquitous than here in NC. I've been happy with the quality of all of my pieces.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a 15 year old R&B sofa at my cabin that I love. Still in great shape.

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just echoing everyone's sentiment here - but R&B is good stuff. Sturdy, holds up well, and everything I've ordered from them has been delivered professionally.

Worth checking craiglist for your area too, for anything you aren't particular about. I've picked up some old tables/chairs from R&B. They can take a beating.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
What, they can't afford the real thing?

j/k, this is gorgeous.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As much as I like most Nakashima furniture, that one piece doesn't look very comfy for sitting. Much better as a bar. Well done!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.