• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with shoeparlor.com? They listed the beeswax and lighter grey in 13, so I ordered both, now I'm curious how fast they get to shipping and such.

Doctor Quack

Reaction score
I ordered from shoeparlor.com in October. It was about 4 (business) days from date of order to delivery of product with standard UPS.

blahaha

Reaction score
I searched this thread but didn't get too clear of an answer. How do the beeswax hold up in snow?

coopster

Reaction score
Anybody that in the L.A. area.

The Clarks store in the 3rd St Promenade has pretty much every shoe marked down and all of the DBs (including the beeswax and antiqued leather) on sale for 69.99

They have a very nice selection of colors and sizes.

I am thinking that since the sale was at a Clarks corporate store that it is most likely going on at other ones as well.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coopster
I am thinking that since the sale was at a Clarks corporate store that it is most likely going on at other ones as well.
I just called the store near my house. They have a sale going on too.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my Beeswax desert boots in the mail, my first Clarks.

These are great boots! Very slim and simple in design, but plenty roomy and comfortable. I got them true-to-size (my Allen Edmonds size, half a size up from my Chucks) and am happy with the fit. I have a high instep, so I prefer my boots slightly larger than most people around here might like.

I can't believe the price for DBs; no wonder they're so popular here. Doesn't seem like any other company offers good-looking casual leather shoes or boots for under $100 brand-new. I realize these won't last as long as my Fryes or Red Wings, but I think I'll be very happy with them.

coopster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Asch
I got them true-to-size (my Allen Edmonds size, half a size up from my Chucks) and am happy with the fit.

Thats wild. I tried on a beeswax 13 hoping they would fit (I'm normally a 14 in dress shoes) and they were too big. I ended up leaving with a 12. I think a 12.5 would have been perfect.

I cant remember the last time I bought a size 12 shoe.

coopster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
I just called the store near my house. They have a sale going on too.

I would suggest getting over there. They were having a 2 for $100 on shoes that were $100 for a pair... but none of them really caught my eye.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coopster
I would suggest getting over there. They were having a 2 for $100 on shoes that were $100 for a pair... but none of them really caught my eye.
Yea, I heard they have this new limited orange brown pair.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's funny how SF's sizing advice for boots (whether RWs, Fryes, or DBs) often sounds like SuFu denim-sizing advice
smile.gif
Obviously some shoe brands do run larger than others, but I wonder whether some of these boots are intended to fit a little looser than usual, for comfort and ease. I'd rather have a shoe a half-size "too large" than a half-size "too small." Of course, my opinion might differ if I had big clown feet and I wanted to de-emphasize them in my appearance. If I were doing it over, I actually would also get my normal size in my Fryes and RWs, rather than a half-size down. The leather on those really hasn't stretched much, and I like breathing room in the instep.

stinger70

Reaction score
If i were to purchase the sand suede boots, is there any particular color of belt that should be worn with these?

Also, can they be worn with a black jacket? What i mean is usually it is said that with a black "top" you should wear black shoes, for any other color wear brown shoes and belt. As these are such a light neutral color, are they an exception to this rule?

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sizing down issue on DB really must be a width question. Im normally a 12 ee, and tried on us 11,5 in beewax DBs, that definitly fit too small and too narrow. I will go for my normal size when I finally get some DBs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads