1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Distinguished Member

The sizing down issue on DB really must be a width question. Im normally a 12 ee, and tried on us 11,5 in beewax DBs, that definitly fit too small and too narrow. I will go for my normal size when I finally get some DBs.

2. converge

converge Senior Member

If i were to purchase the sand suede boots, is there any particular color of belt that should be worn with these?

Also, can they be worn with a black jacket? What i mean is usually it is said that with a black "top" you should wear black shoes, for any other color wear brown shoes and belt. As these are such a light neutral color, are they an exception to this rule?

Can't help you on the belt issue because I usually don't tuck my shirts when wearing the desert boots. However, I do wear these all the time with a black jacket and I think it looks good. The sand is pretty neutral and works with almost anything.

3. Karl Sand

Karl Sand Member

what do people think of the "desert khan" the low top version of the desert boot

4. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Distinguished Member

5. Notreknip

Notreknip Distinguished Member

just received my pair of Clarks Point Takens shipped from the UK to the US...[dressy version of the desert boots]

i got UK 8.5
    i think i shouldve went down .5 in size
    so im prob gonna put these up for sale in the market
    message me if youre interested

Those are awesome; I've never heard of them before, but I can definitely see how the SF crew could latch onto these. Is that a lower profile and sleeker toe box that I see?

I can never recall if UK sizing is one size up or down. Time to go to Google I guess.

6. Asch

Asch Distinguished Member

snuff_daddy,

Judging by your photo, I actually think the traditional DB -- or a chunkier boot -- would work better for your proportions. The "Point Takens" look tiny combined with your substantial build.

7. snuff_daddy

8. karmazon

karmazon Member

My boots arrived today. I got the gray ones from shoebuy.com. Regular price is 89.99 or something but I found a code for 10 dollars off, plus I got a discount for first purchase, so that brought it down to 67 dollars + free shipping. I want to thank everyone who said to order half a size down. They're prefect.

9. benjamin831

benjamin831 Distinguished Member

[​IMG] Not exactly desert boots, but I thought this might interest you guys. Arrived yesterday, suede is darker in picture.

10. milosz

milosz Distinguished Member

shoeparlor.com order arrived today - so four days from order to arrival, not bad at all.

11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Distinguished Member

So I got some distressed grey suede coming my way, thats the original color I wanted.

12. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Distinguished Member

Benjamin what are those? Alden?

13. ninja07

ninja07 Senior Member

there seem to be 2 versions on the grey suede, one has dark soles and the other has lighter almost off white crepe soles, which is nicer IMO. I cant remember but I do recall the lighter soled ones have a slightly distressed look to it? Can anyone tell me where I can still get these online? I am looking for a sz11.

Thanks in advance

14. snuff_daddy

15. benjamin831

benjamin831 Distinguished Member

Benjamin what are those? Alden?

Yes, Alden suede chukkas. The quality is impeccable. I find that the good-year sole provides more support than the crepe sole, and the shape is a little less clunky as well.