• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

converge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stinger70
If i were to purchase the sand suede boots, is there any particular color of belt that should be worn with these?

Also, can they be worn with a black jacket? What i mean is usually it is said that with a black "top" you should wear black shoes, for any other color wear brown shoes and belt. As these are such a light neutral color, are they an exception to this rule?

Can't help you on the belt issue because I usually don't tuck my shirts when wearing the desert boots. However, I do wear these all the time with a black jacket and I think it looks good. The sand is pretty neutral and works with almost anything.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just received my pair of Clarks Point Takens shipped from the UK to the US...[dressy version of the desert boots] i got UK 8.5 these are up for sale in the market http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=93665
2h58zyp.jpg
2qu3ejk.jpg

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
just received my pair of Clarks Point Takens shipped from the UK to the US...[dressy version of the desert boots]

i got UK 8.5
i think i shouldve went down .5 in size
so im prob gonna put these up for sale in the market
message me if youre interested

Those are awesome; I've never heard of them before, but I can definitely see how the SF crew could latch onto these. Is that a lower profile and sleeker toe box that I see?

I can never recall if UK sizing is one size up or down. Time to go to Google I guess.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
snuff_daddy,

Judging by your photo, I actually think the traditional DB -- or a chunkier boot -- would work better for your proportions. The "Point Takens" look tiny combined with your substantial build.

karmazon

Reaction score
My boots arrived today. I got the gray ones from shoebuy.com. Regular price is 89.99 or something but I found a code for 10 dollars off, plus I got a discount for first purchase, so that brought it down to 67 dollars + free shipping. I want to thank everyone who said to order half a size down. They're prefect.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DSC00474.jpg
Not exactly desert boots, but I thought this might interest you guys. Arrived yesterday, suede is darker in picture.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shoeparlor.com order arrived today - so four days from order to arrival, not bad at all.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I got some distressed grey suede coming my way, thats the original color I wanted.

ninja07

Reaction score
there seem to be 2 versions on the grey suede, one has dark soles and the other has lighter almost off white crepe soles, which is nicer IMO. I cant remember but I do recall the lighter soled ones have a slightly distressed look to it? Can anyone tell me where I can still get these online? I am looking for a sz11.

Thanks in advance

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by evilgeniusdan
Benjamin what are those? Alden?

Yes, Alden suede chukkas. The quality is impeccable. I find that the good-year sole provides more support than the crepe sole, and the shape is a little less clunky as well.

herzzreh

Reaction score
I rubbed some SnoSeal on my "regular" (yellow) colored ones and I kinda, in a sick, perverted way, like how they look now. Oily, blacking-grayish-dirtyish...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads