Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. herzzreh

herzzreh Senior member

I rubbed some SnoSeal on my "regular" (yellow) colored ones and I kinda, in a sick, perverted way, like how they look now. Oily, blacking-grayish-dirtyish...

2. Snoots

Snoots New Member

I got my beeswax Desert Boots a few weeks ago, and I've been loving them. Here's a shot from when they were new. [​IMG] I'm still debating as to whether or not I want to go for the mink oil treatment or not. They're a little light, but I don't want to darken them too much. I almost bought some Kiwi Mink Oil at the supermarket today, but the ingredients seemed to lack beeswax. It contained lanolin instead. Edit: Forgot to mention sizing info. I normally wear a 9.5 or 10 in skate shoes, and about a 9.5 in most other shoes, so I went for 9's on these. If I had the chance to order them again, I might go down a whole size to 8.5 instead, but the 9 is comfortable without being constraining. There's just a little more room at the tip of the toebox than I'm used to.

3. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

These guys are pretty easy to fit. The soles are so flexible, it does not seem to matter much if you get the ball of your foot into the widest part. They will bend anywhere. It's not like a double-leather-soled dress shoe, where it's more noticeable if some part of the fit is off.

4. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

my first pair of beeswax db was size 8 but wearing them almost everyday stretched them out so much even thick socks didn't help. i ended up ordering a size 7 thats on its way hopefully it doesn't end like my first pair.

i also want a pair of those distressed grey lighter sole desert boots can't find them anywhere online though.

5. obeserabbit

obeserabbit Senior member

is it true that these look better with age?

6. rjakapeanut

rjakapeanut Senior member

well yeah, thats just common sense lol

7. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Senior member

I got some new ones yesterday and they are a lovely dark red/plum. The box says the colour is 'aubergine lea'. They were actually in the womans section with another colour called 'mink', which were a great dirty dark grey colour,but I settled on the aubergine. May go back and get the others though. Luckily they had bigger sizes as I don't think these models were especially made for women, just the shop had them in small(er) sizes and were charging less for them than the traditional brown and black ones. I'll try and post a pic of the colour soon, cant find good stock photos online...I lied, here they are. mink ones...may not work aubergine

8. coopster

coopster Senior member

I have them in beeswax and they are great

9. iroh

iroh Senior member

my first pair of beeswax db was size 8 but wearing them almost everyday stretched them out so much even thick socks didn't help. i ended up ordering a size 7 thats on its way hopefully it doesn't end like my first pair.

i also want a pair of those distressed grey lighter sole desert boots can't find them anywhere online though.

how did they fit before the stretch, length-wise and width-wise?

10. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

how did they fit before the stretch, length-wise and width-wise?

too be honest i think i sized mine wrong to begin with. they where half a size to big which didn't help. then from them breaking in finally only made them worse. i'm pretty sure i'm safe with the size 7 though.

11. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

Would you guys wear the Beeswax with a fresh pair of raw black jeans?

yea i would as long as it looks good.

12. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

i just got my size 7 today the fit everywhere is good this is with thin dress socks though no room in the toebox. i'd imagine with thick socks they would be tight. now to find the lighter grey colored ones with the light soles in size 7.

i guess my size 8 ones can be my beater pair lol. although when i bought my size 8 ones i was wearing thick socks at the store. i had about half a inch of space in the toebox.

13. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

This pic sold me : [​IMG] Here mines, been wearing em for like almost 6 months, and apply'd the mink oil once. Nothing special ;[, and yeah I had some indigo bleed hehe. Outdoor : [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] In door : [​IMG]

14. yamazs

yamazs Well-Known Member

I need a size 6 db (beeswax) but clarks doesn't make them/have them that small [​IMG] ... are there any alternatives that would be similar and in that size?

edit: nm... found some...