• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chelsea Boots good for clubbing

warlord

Reaction score
Hi, im wondering what you guys think is a good dark black,brown or red Chelsea boot between 100 to 200 us that's good for clubbing. Im thinking the boots should have a vintage look to it so if it gets stepped on a million times (which they will be) it will still look ok. Any idea guys?

Antler4641

Reaction score
Look as much as possible like this.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
is everywhere.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you plan on having something to specifically go to clubs with to dance in and not care if they get stepped on, buy something really cheap.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I really don't see the point in buying cheaper clothes for going out. It's not like your regular stuff gets destroyed or anything and people hardly step on my shoes even in the most crowded places.

Just get RMW if you're looking for a forum favourite.

sam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I really don't see the point in buying cheaper clothes for going out.

Depends. Bars, clubs, and restaurants are still smoking establishments here. Imagine how wonderful your clothes will smell after four hours of cigarette smoke, sweat, and booze; at a minimum, your dry cleaning bill won't be pretty. And, undoubtedly, some drunk jackass is gonna accidentally bump you with his cigarette. I'd rather have a cigarette burn on a ****** H&M shirt than any of my nicer stuff.

sam

Reaction score
As for shoes, I don't think them getting stepped on is a big deal. Just polish them once a week and you'll be fine. I'm a total gadabout and bar fly and shoes I've worn to the club for the past 7 years still look great with this method.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really think there's a difference to be said between smoky dives with a local band playing a show, vs. going to a modern dance club and sweating your ass off (extremes, but you get the idea). Both can get dirty but likely in different ways and odors.

That said I like the idea of the boots.

Spencer Young

Reaction score
Charles Tyrwhitt (made by Loake) would fit the bill. I remember buying them w/ some goofy discount like 50% off your first purchase... do a search and you should be able to find it. Decent boots, not too slim/pointy but a good workhorse, should do well @ a dark club + w/ jeans on the weekend or wherever. Nice leather, polishes well, definitely worth the $130 or so you can snag it for.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hypertn