• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheaney

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ProfilaBinding, your shoes are on 6184 last, right?
How do you consider it, width-wise?
I'm asking because I have high arch, low instep and largish feet and wish to understand if this last might be good for me.
Really nice shoes btw! :fonz:

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ProfilaBinding, your shoes are on 6184 last, right?
How do you consider it, width-wise?
I'm asking because I have high arch, low instep and largish feet and wish to understand if this last might be good for me.
Really nice shoes btw! :fonz:

According to their site, these were made on the 225. I've found it fits really generous at the instep and is wide at the waist. The ball and heel fit are about normal. I'm actually wearing these 1/2 size down from my usual English size, and it works out. I would not advise this for most men, unless you have narrower feet like myself. It's kind of like a slightly wider version of Loake's capital last.

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Herring Kirkdale by Cheaney.
Last 175
Veldtschoen construction.
No complaints after a years usage.
I don't need to talk about the quality. Do I??

A more refined casual look compared to Cheaney's Ribble version.
View attachment 1202192

Your photo helped me to make a decision: just arrived today...

fb2226d8ef2c6fce67d564be768cb032.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in London this past week, and picked up these Islesworth boots on sale, buying them from the Covent Garden (Henrietta Street) store. As per the request of @Schweino, I have taken some more detailed photos of them, directly after having them shined.

I walked around lower Manhattan for a considerable distance, and the boots were comfortable. I did have to size up a half size (I am normally a UK 8.5 E, these are a UK 9 E) in order to get them on.

For your edification then . . .

IMG_3624.JPG
IMG_3625.JPG
IMG_3626.JPG
IMG_3627.JPG

leparrain7

Reaction score
hello,
I'm new here, I need some advice for boot chukka from Cheaney mounted on the last 12508, I'm doing 9 or 8,5 uk https://www.cheaney.co.uk/cheaney-garforth-ef-chukka-boot-in-rustic-brown-calf-suede-p1028
I have Oxford Barker in 9 uk which suits me well in width and I have a lot of space in length, I also have Axton Trickers in 9 uk last 2298 just in length but more generous in width and in height .. I was told that this last 12508 is generous at Cheaney and suddenly I have to take them in 8,5uk, especially since they are in Calf Suede which relaxes more easily than smooth leather
thanks

Last edited:

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
hello,
I'm new here, I need some advice for boot chukka from Cheaney mounted on the last 12508, I'm doing 9 or 8,5 uk https://www.cheaney.co.uk/cheaney-garforth-ef-chukka-boot-in-rustic-brown-calf-suede-p1028
I have Oxford Barker in 9 uk which suits me well in width and I have a lot of space in length, I also have Axton Trickers in 9 uk last 2298 just in length but more generous in width and in height .. I was told that this last 12508 is generous at Cheaney and suddenly I have to take them in 8,5uk, especially since they are in velvet leather which relaxes more easily than smooth leather
thanks
I have two pairs of boots on that last and don’t find them generous at all. I went true to size uk 9 which i am in Trickers 4497S. I find 2298 to be quite narrow but still true to size. Hope that helps.

WSB17

Reaction score
The 12508 is a classic Cheaney boot last.
I have the Jarrow boot, on the 12508, and I had to size down to 10 F UK, from my typical 11 D US (on AE's 65 last for example).
I find the fit to be excellent. There's a bit of space at the toe box, but I don't mind that for boots.

leparrain7

Reaction score
Personally I don’t, flexible or otherwise the length is the length.
the truth is not the length that scares me, because I have shoes in 8 and 8.5 uk as for example loafer Santoni, it is rather the width that is a problem for me depending on the models and brands, last year I ordered Barker Warrington Oxfords in 8.5 uk, there was an error from the merchant and I received an 8 uk, the length was good but I suffered at the level of the width and especially of my kick and I sent them back.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
the truth is not the length that scares me, because I have shoes in 8 and 8.5 uk as for example loafer Santoni, it is rather the width that is a problem for me depending on the models and brands, last year I ordered Barker Warrington Oxfords in 8.5 uk, there was an error from the merchant and I received an 8 uk, the length was good but I suffered at the level of the width and especially of my kick and I sent them back.
It all depends what you want, narrow or wide. I don’t think Cheaney are narrow even though listed as uk f not g which is traditionally wider. I can only compare from lasts from other makers which I did above. Best thing is to buy from somewhere that accepts returns and have a go that way.

GAKBO

Reaction score
Yeah there’s no substitute for trying on, my experience is different to the guys above. I have the Jarrow boot which is the 12508 last. I took half a size down from all my other GYW dress shoes, from 10.5 to 10 (UK). I don’t have many other boots, but I do have Loake chukkas in 10.5, although I wonder if I could have also sized down in them.

My boots, in Chicago Tan chromexcel. Really happy with them, a great buy.

B59F0E33-45BE-4597-8B46-84413B8172E1.jpeg

Also the black ones I tried on instore:

1BA80D7A-5643-4191-B9A6-4BCFDDAC4028.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads