• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheaney

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the trees in these new boots now. We'll see how they feel after a day or two with them in there. The trees went in there tight so maybe might expand the shoe slightly.

I felt my Hanover balmoral boots (size 8.5) were tight when I first got them but they feel great now. My Godfrey and Threadneedle chelsea boots on the other hand feel slightly loose, also 8.5. So when Cheaney said size down for a tighter fit, I figured that I would try. The toe box is just fine. The tightness is further back.

What's your size and width for US brands? I am generally 8.5eee.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been a size 9.5 US for my entire adult life. But until I found Cheaney, I rarely ever wore dress shoes and have not been properly sized in decades.

I used to think I was 9.5 and never knew about widths. Then I got measured and realized I am 8.5eee (extra extra wide).

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheaney JARROW

b0cb67ff-19f5-4204-9eef-ddcc6bd8a1fe-jpeg.1855251

Tim Apple

Reaction score
What Saphir cream polish is recommended for whiskey colored leather? I'm not sure if there is even a semi close match.

Thanks.

shoefan57

Reaction score
What Saphir cream polish is recommended for whiskey colored leather? I'm not sure if there is even a semi close match.

Thanks.
Not sure which leather you mean but will assume it’s the Kudu Whiskey. If so I just use neutral Saphir cream. You could use Mahogany which has a redness to its hue. However Kudu doesn’t need much feeding/polishing as it’s what is termed “a natural leather”

Tim Apple

Reaction score
Not sure which leather you mean but will assume it’s the Kudu Whiskey. If so I just use neutral Saphir cream. You could use Mahogany which has a redness to its hue. However Kudu doesn’t need much feeding/polishing as it’s what is termed “a natural leather”

Thank you. You're correct, I have a whiskey Kudu leather boot. Since it is a winter boot I want to keep it polished well so that the waxes can help keep the surface water proof and easily cleaned when needed.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheaney Orwell B boot, with Itshide Brit Grip rubber soles.

I always find English lasts challenging. This pair in 8.5F are snug but have that extra wiggle room for my toes that I like.
20221203_112701.jpg
20221203_112703.jpg
20221203_114104.jpg

adelorenzo

Reaction score
Dacks made by Cheaney.

Dacks was a longtime Canadian shoe brand. Manufacturing was originally kept in Canada until Church's bought Dacks. At the same time, Church's owned Cheaney. So the Canadian factories were shut down and Cheaney made shoes for Dacks.

Dacks went bankrupt when Prada took things over. The brand was revived as Matthew Dacks. And Cheaney still makes their shoes.

Do you know if their marked sizes are US or UK? I haven't been able to get a straight answer from the company.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you know if their marked sizes are US or UK? I haven't been able to get a straight answer from the company.

My opinion is they're marked Canadian sizes. Which is a hybrid of US and UK. I wear 8.5F or 8.5G for Dacks by Cheaney. My US size is 8.5ee/8.5eee.

adelorenzo

Reaction score
My opinion is they're marked Canadian sizes. Which is a hybrid of US and UK. I wear 8.5F or 8.5G for Dacks by Cheaney. My US size is 8.5ee/8.5eee.

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. I got a couple of pairs last week. I'm normally a 12D and when I tried on the 12F it felt quite large. I was getting paranoid that it was a UK 12 (aka a US 13) but I think it's mostly that the lasts seem to be fairly wide and generous. If you are normally an ee/eee and can wear the F last that makes sense.

It took me a few days going back and forth on returning them for an 11.5F but, wearing them at work today, I am glad I didn't. They feel great I just needed to get used to having more room in the forefoot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads