• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheaney

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing a pair of Cheaney samples I grabbed from Ebay.

They look very similar to the Paul Smith one above.

20230218_150146.jpg
20230218_150151.jpg
20230218_150212.jpg

Tim Apple

Reaction score
So I have a new pair of Cheaney shoes, their Balham Saddle Loafers in bronzed espresso.

It's a unique color and I'm wondering which Saphir polish to use on these. My thoughts are medium brown 37 or Havana 34. Anyone have shoes with this color and use one of these polishes, or maybe a different one? Thanks!

cheaney-balham-saddle-loafer-in-bronzed-espresso-calf-leather-p1282-8667_image.jpg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trafalgar boots for the storm. This last in 8.5F are perfect with dress socks.
20230222_113214.jpg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheaney Penine II in veldtschoen. One of my best fitting boots. I'm glad I bought 8.5G and not 7.5G as Cheaney recommended.

20230306_074347.jpg
20230306_074355.jpg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree with your sizing decision, 4436 last is relatively short compared to most of Chesney's last.

I have the Trafalgar in 8.5F and they have similar fit

ViaSartoria

Reaction score
So I have a new pair of Cheaney shoes, their Balham Saddle Loafers in bronzed espresso.

It's a unique color and I'm wondering which Saphir polish to use on these. My thoughts are medium brown 37 or Havana 34. Anyone have shoes with this color and use one of these polishes, or maybe a different one? Thanks!

cheaney-balham-saddle-loafer-in-bronzed-espresso-calf-leather-p1282-8667_image.jpg
I used Havana on this and it worked great. Also bronzed espresso.

Tim Apple

Reaction score
I am so phenomenally impressed with the Cheaney Imperial collection.

I too like the Cheaney Imperial collection. These don't seem to get a lot of love here. I'm not sure why. I have two pairs of the Hanover Balmoral boots, in black and burgundy. They are super comfortable, although the laces break constantly. I get about 10 wears before snapping laces even though I take every possible measure to prevent wear.

ViaSartoria

Reaction score
I too like the Cheaney Imperial collection. These don't seem to get a lot of love here. I'm not sure why. I have two pairs of the Hanover Balmoral boots, in black and burgundy. They are super comfortable, although the laces break constantly. I get about 10 wears before snapping laces even though I take every possible measure to prevent wear.
The Hanover is definitely on my list! Really beautiful boots.

Tim Apple

Reaction score
The Hanover is definitely on my list! Really beautiful boots.
They are so pricy now. I bought my pairs when they were just over $500 each. I wish I got the bronzed espresso pair when they were that cheap. Lots of the Imperial shoes are out of stock and it takes Cheaney many many months, sometimes nearly a year to get stock back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads