• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chav Blows Through 9.7M Pounds in 8 Years

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Danda74
i hate humans

Life is funny. I love humans for many of the same reasons you probably hate them.

I love the fact he had so many dogs that vindictive thugs could manage to kill a dozen of them.

He will be able to have a ghosted book published to ease his reentry into the workforce.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Canal Directo
Looks like a Raglan sleeve to me.
puzzled.gif

That was a bespoke Borrelli prototype commissioned for him to celebrate his win.

Originally Posted by DNW
He's a stupid prick, but blowing through 500K/year isn't exactly earth shattering.

This could have been a reality show.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
http://www.city-journal.org/2010/20_...-sympathy.html

"As it happens, an island next door (in Pacific terms) to the Gilbert Islands was home to an experiment in the sudden, unearned attainment of wealth. Nauru, a speck in the ocean just ten miles around, for a time became the richest place on earth. The source of its sudden riches was phosphate rock. Australia had long administered the island, and the British Phosphate Commission had mined the phosphate on behalf of Australia, Britain, and New Zealand; but when Nauru became independent in 1968, the 4,000 or so Nauruans gained control of the phosphate, which made them wealthy. The money came as a gift. Most Nauruans made no contribution to the extraction of the rock, beyond selling their land. The expertise, the management, the labor, and the transportation arrived from outside. Within just a few years, the Nauruans went from active subsistence to being rentiers.

The outcome was instructive. The Nauruans became bored and listless. One of their chief joys became eating to excess. On average, they consumed 7,000 calories per day, mainly rice and canned beef, and they drank Fanta and Château d'Yquem by the caseload. They became the fattest people on earth, and, genetically predisposed already to the illness, 50 percent of them became diabetic. It was my experience of Nauru that first suggested to me the possibility that abruptly distributing wealth has psychological effects as well as economic ones."

Interesting, I guess the question I'd be asking is whether the Nauru people were educated and sensible with their income before becoming rich. Because it wouldn't be too surprising if they had difficulties saving or investing money in the past, that they would continue having these problems - only on a greater scale - in the future. I don't believe any amount of money has the power to change anyone as mentioned before because it doesn't have any qualities of its own. But I can understand if the Nauru people's selfishness was realised through having the ability to be exceptionally selfish, by being exceptionally rich.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Ouch, really? The saddest group of people I know personally are the ones that are "rich" on paper with commercial real estate. In fact, they keep telling me the worse is yet to come for that segment.
For the most part I don't use financing given that I'm at retirement age. I'm looking for income over appreciation. I'm interested in paying the bills and having a little left over for enjoyment.

The two properties I've recently purchased are in cities that are already hard hit. That being so ... my purchases were made at a deep discount to their high ... with already significantly reduced rents. Even were the rents to fall another 50% ... the return is better than most bonds ... excluding junk.

Of course, who knows how hard this "resession" is going to hit. And I still do have some cash sitting on the sideline for future purchases ... for potentially harder times to come.

RJE

Reaction score
Well, we have all noticed that the pound isn't worth what it used to be.

I came close to buying a couple of houses in Norfolk. Guess I couldn't have afforded to live there either.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads