• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cesare Attolini Appreciation Thread

Professor Χάος

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Have been gradually upgrading the wardrobe with the money I saved with being trapped inside due to Covid. All suits / blazers are Attolini (from our friends at IsuiT), the shirt is Kiton, all non-suit trousers are from Rota, and the ties are what I just picked up in the Drakes archive sale. Haven't had a chance to get to the tailors due to lockdown to get them finished yet, but thankfully the fit is already pretty good.

View attachment 1615697
View attachment 1615698
View attachment 1615699
View attachment 1615700
View attachment 1615701
View attachment 1615702
View attachment 1615703
Beautiful suits and jackets, but I agree with the earlier comments; they look at least half a size too large for you. Even the sleeves look a bit voluminous. I could never take pictures of myself and present them for public scrutiny, so I commend your bravery. You seem to have a thin frame, so a good tailor could help you slim everything down.

Last edited:

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, just out of curiosity - where is everyone wearing your Attolini tailored outfits/suits these days? Business? Leisure?

Professor Χάος

Reaction score
So, just out of curiosity - where is everyone wearing your Attolini tailored outfits/suits these days? Business? Leisure?

I wear Attolini to work, mostly. Not many men wear suits professionally anymore, but I'll be wearing them for the rest of my life. Classic style never truly goes out of style...ha ha. I just bought a new Attolini AUS suit, but I'm traveling overseas at the moment. I'll share pictures when I return home (probably in a few months).

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear Attolini to work, mostly. Not many men wear suits professionally anymore, but I'll be wearing them for the rest of my life. Classic style never truly goes out of style...ha ha. I just bought a new Attolini AUS suit, but I'm traveling overseas at the moment. I'll share pictures when I return home (probably in a few months).

Yes, the demise of the suit has been debated in numerous CM threads - most recently here.

Congrats on the new suit, however, and more power to you.

Professor Χάος

Reaction score
For those who may not know, Cesare Attolini just passed away. Hope we can keep the enthusiasm for his incredible legacy alive here.

Riposa in pace, Don Cesare. There are so few of the great Maestros left. I've always wanted to travel to Naples in the hope of meeting Attolini, Panico, Ciardi, Solito, or the other great masters who created the authentic Neapolitan style.

Last edited:

nbernie

Reaction score
Hello,

Yes I can:

AU - Abito Uomo (this is a suit)
GU - Giacca Uomo (this is a sportcoat)

The 3rd letter refers to the model:

K - model (as one client likes to say, their "bread and butter" model the company was built on)
L - model (variation of the L model. Domenico Vacca back in the day used to always sell this)
S - model (this one seems to be the most popular lately as it's a bit more modern and slimmer in fit)

There are others, but this should answer your question.

Best,

Ian
@TheWorldsFinest, Hi Ian, would you mind sharing information about the other models? I have an H model jacket that fits me very well, but have been unable to find any information about it. Thank you!

Edit: also curious about T model

Last edited:

TheWorldsFinest

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@TheWorldsFinest, Hi Ian, would you mind sharing information about the other models? I have an H model jacket that fits me very well, but have been unable to find any information about it. Thank you!

Edit: also curious about T model

The T model as I understand is an unlined/partially lined "S" model jacket. I'm not sure about the H model.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
What in the world just happened???

Our friends at iSuit in Aversa IT had auctions going this weekend on Ebay for about 40 or more Attolini NWT sport jackets. A great number of them were size 54R EU/44R US. There were also quite a few 50R EU/ 40R US.

Opening bids on all were $599USD. Most did not sell at all - no bid placed.

Of the ones that sold, looks like most went for the opener of $599USD.

Is this what the classic menswear world has come to? No interest in garments that routinely sell for $3000+ now at $599?

I mean, I know iSuit specializes in past season "remainders", but still...no bids at $599 for many, many NWT Attolini jackets?!?!?!? Count me as very surprised.

Last edited:

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Did we loose our chance? I wish we were given a heads up.

Still a whole bunch up on auction. Some 52R EU/42R US ending tomorrow. And a ton in various sizes ending in one week.

BlueSteel

Reaction score

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this what the classic menswear world has come to? No interest in garments that routinely sell for $3000+ now at $599?

I mean, I know iSuit specializes in past season "remainders", but still...no bids at $599 for many, many NWT Attolini jackets?!?!?!? Count me as very surprised.

A lot of Attolini sport coats I've seen at full retail are well above $3,000.

I think the reasons behind lowered prices (on IsuiT's end) and lack of sales, even at $599, speak to the reality that there is simply lower demand for tailored wear. Seems to me that outside of (increasingly diminishing) business environments, and the odd special occasion/nice dinner out, tailored attire is simply the exception and becoming more and more out of place. Combine this with the work from home paradigm shift. Of course this varies to a degree on where you live, and what customary attire conventions still thrive in your locale, but from what I've observed a sport coat is seen less and less, not to mention the suit w/tie.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads