• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cars!

vero_group

Reaction score
As of yesterday....a new, 2004 Mercedes SL500.
A brilliant car. Â You must be thrilled. My weekday ride is a silver Mercedes Benz E-320. Â 2001 model. Â On the weekend, a 2003 Audi TT coupe. Â Red.
Have I mentioned lately that my 1993 Audi 90CS is still in the shop?

BjornH

Reaction score
Speaking of moneypits - I got my 5yr old stratus from the shop yesterday and payed over $2500. New headlights and new brakes and rotors all around in addition to the 60k km checkup. Phew...

BH

GQ Docter

Reaction score
I drive a 2004 Toyota Corrola S. Moonshadow Metallic. Loaded.

The car is severly underpowered, has a poor safety record and has a flimsy interior. The cabin is loud while driving and the suspension is unbearably stiff. The body kit is weak and looks blocky and incongruent. The sound system consists of six cheap speakers and is controlled by a poorly concieved array of buttons and knobs. There is not enough rear seat room for anyone larger than a child and the air conditioning takes minutes to kick in.

But I don't care. I'm 16 and I love my Corolla.

Joe G

Reaction score
Joe, how is the maintainence cost on the Elise? I think its a gorgeous car.
So far, zero. But I haven't even driven it long enough for my first oil change. I take public transport to work, and only use the car when I need to get away. However, I don't expect much in the way of problems. Everything that failed on my Opel Speedster was a General Motors part, and we all know how awful GM reliability is. None of the Lotus bits (the Speedster and the Elise sharing a chassis) were problematic. The car's been on the market since the mid-1990s, so all of the bits are pretty well sorted out by now.

Projected maintenance costs are much lower than, for example, the Boxster's, because it's a much simpler automobile. However, I wish that Lotus had made an announcment about the Toyota-engined Elise sooner, because I would have rather had the 190hp Toyota/Yamaha motor than the Rover K-series in my Elise. The K-series is lighter, but MG Rover doesn't bring the same feeling of bulletproof reliability than Toyota does.

Peace,

JG

alaaro

Reaction score
I've got a 2000 Nissan Maxima SE, the color is SuperBlack. Loaded up, tinted all the way around. Its such a badass car. This is my second Maxima and I love it. Such a nice car, but it can haul ass if need be.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Joe, how is the maintainence cost on the Elise? I think its a gorgeous car.
So far, zero. But I haven't even driven it long enough for my first oil change. I take public transport to work, and only use the car when I need to get away. However, I don't expect much in the way of problems. Everything that failed on my Opel Speedster was a General Motors part, and we all know how awful GM reliability is. None of the Lotus bits (the Speedster and the Elise sharing a chassis) were problematic. The car's been on the market since the mid-1990s, so all of the bits are pretty well sorted out by now. Projected maintenance costs are much lower than, for example, the Boxster's, because it's a much simpler automobile. However, I wish that Lotus had made an announcment about the Toyota-engined Elise sooner, because I would have rather had the 190hp Toyota/Yamaha motor than the Rover K-series in my Elise. The K-series is lighter, but MG Rover doesn't bring the same feeling of bulletproof reliability than Toyota does. Peace, JG
Thanks for the response. I am considering a used Espirit in my list of choices for cars next year - I don't want to have to put money into something that's going to break every day. My top picks right now are: Used Espirit, used Honda/Acura NSX, and new Subaru WRX. I'm probably going to decide on the NSX, but it might sway a bit depending on insurance costs.

kalra2411

Reaction score
I am driven in a Mercedes Benz S55 AMG (The facelift one) and drive a Lamborghini Murcielago, and Bugatti Veyron. I love all of them, but it took a long time to choose.

I used to be driven in a Bentley Arnage T Red Label, but even with such a lot of price diffrence it cannot even compare to the Benz S55 (I have driven both too), I perhaps will try the RR Phantom or Maybach next, but that's verging on spending too much money (unless I sell one of the sports cars).

My wife drives a Porsche Cayenne, Range Rover, Porsche 911 Carrera 4S, and is driven in a Merc. S600. I personaly hate the Range, but she realy likes it....

We also share a Ferrari 575 Barchetta, which is fun, but I can't see who would buy such a car (my wife did though.) Surely if one could afford a 575 then they could get a proper sports car like a Murcielago, Gallardo, Or Carrera GT.

Pink22m

Reaction score
I am driven in a Mercedes Benz S55 AMG (The facelift one) and drive a Lamborghini Murcielago, and Bugatti Veyron. I love all of them, but it took a long time to choose.

I used to be driven in a Bentley Arnage T Red Label, but even with such a lot of price diffrence it cannot even compare to the Benz S55 (I have driven both too), I perhaps will try the RR Phantom or Maybach next, but that's verging on spending too much money (unless I sell one of the sports cars).

My wife drives a Porsche Cayenne, Range Rover, Porsche 911 Carrera 4S, and is driven in a Merc. S600. I personaly hate the Range, but she realy likes it....

We also share a Ferrari 575 Barchetta, which is fun, but I can't see who would buy such a car (my wife did though.) Surely if one could afford a 575 then they could get a proper sports car like a Murcielago, Gallardo, Or Carrera GT.

In the words of Inspector Gadget, "Wowsers." That is some collection you have there. I am a little confused when you say that the Bentley doesn't compare to the S55; I would hope you mean that in that the Bentley is much better. The S55 is nice, but we are talking about the difference between a mass produced machine made car, and a handmade car.

kalra2411

Reaction score
Actually, I did mean that the S55 is much much better than the Bentley is, however just because it is handmade and has an impeccable finish, as a car its just is not so good.

For a number of reasons, firstly, in the Mercedes, you hear the beautiful sound of a V12, but it is muted to such an extent that it has all the depth, just like a whisper. Then there is the seats, oh don't get me started on the seats, I mean what is with all that vulgar black piping on the Bentley. Let alone the fact that it feels like they are filled with foam, whereas in the Benz they are firm and support you well. Then there is handling, oh dear... Corner at 100 in the Benz as a passenger and you will not move from you upright position, in the Bentley you will at least be putting pressure on the seat belt, let alone being flung across the car. As a driver it gets worse, in the Bentley although I must say it is fast, it certainly isn't easy to get it going, cornering is a dire chore, and the sound can be a little uncouth at times.

I will not deny that the Bentley's interior is pure opulence, and you sure get stares, but what is the point if it cannot get the basics right.

As you may well know the Maybach is handmade, whereas the s class is machine made, yet the few people I know who have one say that the build quality is seldom different from the s class.

I know I am going 'against the grain' but so be it - that is my opinion.

kalra2411

Reaction score
Well actually in some respects Ctguy you are right, such as the fact that I enjoy my cars, but then again I feel that clothes are more important to me.

Some of your views on me are true, however - I do prefer luxury, but when it comes to cars and electronics it has to be a balance of luxury and function, whereas with clothing, apparel and furnishings. I feel differently.

The S55 is nice to drive, but then again compared to the Veyron it is nothing. In addition, I was speaking mainly from the point of view of the passenger ride, because I need to do a lot of work whilst in the car so it has a fax, Pc etc. installed. That is why I need not to be flung from side to side.

The nice thing about the Bentley is the classic trims, but the S Class is also good, I mean it uses burr walnut (a fine wood in my opinion) and Napa leather, with suede roof lining, and cashmere carpets (I had that fitted myself).

It is without a doubt that the Bentley is nicer to look at, but not to sit in, hence an appreciation for luxury.

kalra2411

Reaction score
Ha ha,
tounge.gif
No, but you probably do know who I am (Kalra is not my name)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrsamin1