The most expensive car crash in history

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by dr.no, Feb 24, 2011.

1. amstokesdb9

amstokesdb9 Senior member

This is not the most expensive, but I heard it was the fastest at 199mph. The previous record being Stephan Ericksonn's (spelling?) 197 mph Enzo crash on the PCH.

2. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

How does an I-Banker make that much money so young? I know little of the profession, but I thought they could work up to million dollar salaries, but even then it took many years.

3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

^he owns Gemballa, one of the top car tuning companies in the world...

4. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

and in the media anybody who works in the general finance field is an investment banker.

5. Infrasonic

Infrasonic Senior member

Seems like a lot of damage for 60MPH...[​IMG]

6. hrb

hrb Senior member

[​IMG]

7. Mr. White

Mr. White Senior member

Jan. 4, 1963 Time Magazine story about a pile-up on I-5

BTW, the "Governor Pat Brown" in the article isn't the current Gov. Brown. It's his father.

The article says "at least 200 cars involved." The legend of this crash is such that I suspect that over 1000 cars were involved. In the era before mandatory insurance, people would waive off other cars if they weren't hurt. Do the math. A nun killed a mile back from the front of the pile-up. A car is what? 20 feet long and less? That's 250 cars per lane over 3 lanes -- not counting what's behind the nun.

8. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

^he owns Gemballa, one of the top car tuning companies in the world...

How do you do that by 28? Im gonna go with family wealth. Amirite?

And lol at the idea of a driver of his level losing it and disintegrating that car at 62mph.

9. blahman

blahman Senior member

How do you do that by 28? Im gonna go with family wealth. Amirite?

And lol at the idea of a driver of his level losing it and disintegrating that car at 62mph.

Yup, daddy's fortunes. And it being 62mph is a complete joke.

10. CosmicOsmo

CosmicOsmo Senior member

He's 28 and driving a $2m+ car? WTF?!?

Prepare to add a few more question marks and exclamation points to the end of that sentence...

"As well as his new Huayra - Pagani's replacement for the Zonda - he owns two Bugatti Veyrons, two Lamborghinis and a Porsche-based Gemballa Mirage.

He has also ordered the new McLaren MP4-12C - widely anticipated to be Britain's greatest ever supercar."

Plus the Zonda he wrecked, of course. That's eight (now seven?) supercars...

Seriously, who needs TWO Veyrons?

11. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

Prepare to add a few more question marks and exclamation points to the end of that sentence...

"As well as his new Huayra - Pagani's replacement for the Zonda - he owns two Bugatti Veyrons, two Lamborghinis and a Porsche-based Gemballa Mirage.

He has also ordered the new McLaren MP4-12C - widely anticipated to be Britain's greatest ever supercar."

Plus the Zonda he wrecked, of course. That's eight (now seven?) supercars...

Seriously, who needs TWO Veyrons?

No one needs anything. Did you want the government to take it and the distribute it to you?

12. CosmicOsmo

CosmicOsmo Senior member

No one needs anything. Did you want the government to take it and the distribute it to you?

Children in Africa need food, shelter and clean water. Homeboy has blown more on fancy cars than an entire third-world country's GDP. Perhaps he should have considered those less fortunate than himself (i.e. those born without a trust fund) before writing the check for that second Veyron.

13. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

Children in Africa need food, shelter and clean water. Homeboy has blown more on fancy cars than an entire third-world country's GDP. Perhaps he should have considered those less fortunate than himself (i.e. those born without a trust fund) before writing the check for that second Veyron.

name one

14. Logan

Logan Senior member

Unless you are driving around in the cheapest car available and living in the smallest house you're a hypocrite.

15. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

Unless you are driving around in the cheapest car available and living in the smallest house you're a hypocrite.

Ad hominem, but that's pretty much required in any charity vs wealth debate.