1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I sold my car, but the buyer is upset...

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by borderline, Jun 21, 2011.

1. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

There's a saga full of lulz about a recent college graduate who got a job and now is agonizing over buying a bmw or not. Highly recommended!
    good to see that i, an anonymous person on the internet, have made a strong enough impact on you to the point where you're still butt hurt and talking about me days after i pwned you. it's great knowing i can influence your life so hahaha thanks for the e-ego boost!

2. CouttsClient

CouttsClient Senior member

Los Angeles/ DC/ The Gulf Coast/ Airplane...
    good to see that i, an anonymous person on the internet, have made a strong enough impact on you to the point where you're still butt hurt and talking about me days after i pwned you. it's great knowing i can influence your life so hahaha thanks for the e-ego boost!
    But seriously though...that thread is hilarious [​IMG]

3. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

dam. i got to read that next! is it fail-hilarious or just funny haha!?

4. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

dam. i got to read that next! is it fail-hilarious or just funny haha!?

it's aaaaaight.

5. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

so what finally happened in this issue?

6. suited

suited Senior member

Hope you didn't have her come to your house to buy the car. Personally, I would never sell a used car to someone from my own address. Too many crazy fucks out there. Meet them somewhere, or have them meet you at "work" (some random parking garage) or a title office.

7. Wolfador

Wolfador Senior member

Hope you didn't have her come to your house to buy the car. Personally, I would never sell a used car to someone from my own address. Too many crazy fucks out there. Meet them somewhere, or have them meet you at "work" (some random parking garage) or a title office.

I do the same for any craigslist transaction, especially the people who ask for your address when you already told them you would not be home until a certain time.

8. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

I don't get why any of this would even be an issue. Most states require/recommend that both parties sign a Bill of Sale form for private sales which specifically states the seller is released from all liability.

9. intent

intent Senior member

I don't get why any of this would even be an issue. Most states require/recommend that both parties sign a Bill of Sale form for private sales which specifically states the seller is released from all liability.
    People don't know/care about this.

10. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

If she is of 'good stock' then school her quickly on the 'as-is' stuff, don't give her a penny, and still try to hit it.

11. borderline

borderline Senior member

I forgot to update everyone on this saga:
    I was not always between two chairs. I started out wanting to help, but her progressively more and more crazy responses and threats of lawsuits made me decide not to help.
    No!
    What finally happened was...I guess she was bluffing. Eventually the emails, texts, and phone calls stopped.
    This was a major mistake on my part, and led to some weeks of paranoia about retribution. In the end, she will never believe that I didn't know the problem was as severe as it turned out to be. Or, the problem wasn't severe, but she was getting ripped off by her mechanic and trying to get me to pay for it. Who knows. So there you have it. I hope that this brings closure to all of you who chimed in. Thanks! :slayer:

12. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Did you hit?

13. borderline

borderline Senior member

14. Texastyle

Texastyle Senior member

Didn't read the whole thread but I think you are morally fine. You sold it well below the blue book and gave her the option of taking it on the highway or to a mechanic. She will come out of this with a valuable life lesson.

15. x26

x26 Senior member

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011