1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by VMan, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by VersaceMan,Feb. 10 2005,22:30
    Roy, I'm pretty sure it's a 166 - beautiful car. Any idea what the price is? Â This guy has some money, his dad owns the biggest import auto dealership in the city. Â He also shows off in his Countach sometimes (pretty sure that one is his dad's, though).
    In Holland it is about 52.000 euros for the most expensive full options v6 model. But 42% of that price is taxes. I would have no clue what it would cost in the states. For instance, the new Mustang GT costs about 54.000 euros in Holland. Even though it is just around 25.000 dollars in the states. Most Countach's are kitcars though. Check out what's under the bonnet [​IMG]
    A Ford V8  [​IMG] And euhmm.... Roy, as many Alfa's here as F-150's in Texas? U sure? I don't think Alfa has a market share of 80% over here. If that's true, garaging will be the most lucrative business ever  [​IMG]

2. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Well-Known Member

Alfa released pictures of the new 159 which will replace the 156. Look at that gorgeous body [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Nonk

Nonk Senior member

I drive a Smart Fortwo cabriolet, as does Mrs Nonk.

By far the slowest and smallest car I have ever owned, but the most fun by a long distance.

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Actually, Ferrari used to be Alfa, literately: [​IMG] Jon.

5. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Jon,
    Not true. Alfas with the SF badge were a part of Enzo Ferrari's racing stable. They are not Ferraris, and Ferrari did not used to be Alfa.

Speaking of, went on a hell of a drive with some friends today in the pouring rain.

6. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Senior member

The only of those cars worth anything (to me) is the last one.

8. ernest

ernest Senior member

Porsche

Car who don't need gas, tires, oil, park place or driver =

subway

9. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Just had a heckuva deja vu thingy going on... I felt like I'd seen pictures of exotic autos in driveways and garages somewhere before. Ever happen to any of you?.? [​IMG]

10. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

(zjpj83 @ April 02 2005,18:28)
    Speaking of, went on a hell of a drive with some friends today in the pouring rain.
    ]
    Zip, beautiful cars man. Â Do you race in a club or anything in the NY area? Â My brother and I are BMW CCA in Connecticut (not quite the same level as you guys). Â Those are some gorgeous machines.
    No, but I've been trying literally for years to find time to go to Skip Barber at Lime Rock. I think this summer may work out, which would be awesome.

11. Kai

Kai Senior member

Nice cars Zip. Â Rain? Mud is more fun. (because on this particular course, I would have been a lot faster than that 360 CS) Â [​IMG] I did a rally cross last week-end. Â It was my first. Â (won't be my last.) [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I bet the sti was in heaven. Love the license plate. [​IMG]

13. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

reviving an old thread... my new ride: [​IMG] It's a 2003 C32. I'm such a yuppie these days...

14. j

j Senior member Admin

Nice... how did the partners react? [​IMG] And good choice of color, it won't show the mud as much when you go rally it against Kai.

15. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

heh, no reaction yet. nobody in my office knows what car I drive...and I'd like to keep it that way, just to be safe [​IMG] the color is pewter, but no way I'm racing Kai in the mud.

16. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

I saw an STi come into the city one time that was caked in mud - looked a lot like Kai's in its current state. I love it.

17. Walter

Walter Senior member

I have one of these for many years. It is pretty popular in Europe but I have never seen any in the states: [​IMG]

18. TheRookie

TheRookie Senior member

On Thursday I picked up a 2005 Tahoe. Today I saw an article predicting $3/gallon gas. Fun times for me.

19. bachbeet

bachbeet Senior member

Walter: My wife used to drive an Alfa convertible, two seater. She had to find a special mechanic. I heard a few years ago, Alfa was going to begin selling in the States, but haven't seen it occur yet. Yours is really nice. What year?

I bought my first BMW in 01 and love it. I have owned nissans before -- an 81 200SX, and an 89 240SX. Each lasted a long time, so I expect the Beemer to last even longer.

20. kabert

kabert Senior member

Very nice car. AMG, isn't it? It's a great car I think -- somewhat of a stealth car too. Hey, it's a C-series Benz (the cheapest in the MB line-up, you can tell the cheapskates in your office if the issue comes up). 'Course it happens to go 0-60 in about 5.3 seconds. I'm fortunate to work someplace (unfortunate some would say, but I love cars) where it's unusual and is taken as odd if you *don't* drive a nice car. Driving a nice car is a sign of success, is a reward for one's hard work and long hours, can be seen as disrespectful (not to mention safety issues) of one's family, and would look out of place in front of your undoubtedly nice home. Renault78, perhaps you'll start a trend, a movement at your firm....