• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cars!

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
crackermb1.JPG
They did a story in Atlanta about a guy driving down the road with a pony in his SUV bought for his daughter etc, was that you?

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(nightowl6261a @ 01 Nov. 2004, 3:39) Wow, what a list and variety for a stylish group of people, I just recently got rid of a 2000 Lexus RX300 to step into my a 2004 Buick Ranier...nice to have a little muscle and weight back under my butt.
What did you think of the Lex? Â I used to dislike the styling of the RX300, but recently have grown to like it more. Â Also, the re-design of it, the RX330 (I think) that replaced it somewhere around 2003. Â I also like the look of the Infiniti FX45 - sports car/SUV hybrid. I'm looking for a car to purchase within the next year, and I think that the RX300, in one of their earlier production years, would be within my price range ($5000-$10,000). Â I like the fact that it's roomier than a sedan, and has the added cargo space, yet isn't too large and gets decent fuel economy.
Honestly, great vehicle, but never felt like there was anything under your butt like the American cars.

discostu004

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
no that was not me, but my wife and her dad from down to houston to get this horse and said everytime they stopped for gas or to eat the horse would make noises and people would stop and say "do you know there's a horse in your car?"

we'll take her to breakfast sometimes and leave the window down and watch everyone stop by and pet her

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
no that was not me, but my wife and her dad from down to houston to get this horse and said everytime they stopped for gas or to eat the horse would make noises and people would stop and say "do you know there's a horse in your car?" we'll take her to breakfast sometimes and leave the window down and watch everyone stop by and pet her
"Do you know there's a horse in your car?" "What? There is? How did that get in there?"
biggrin.gif
Jon.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
i drive a 04 Mini Cooper....silver w/black top and custom graphics that i designed/cut/applied myself so no one else will have the same striping as mine having driven an SUV for 12 years, i LOVE driving the Cooper. Great handling and tons of fun. Besides, as my friends have noted, it looks like it came out of my closet.
cool.gif

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My baby...
PB056361.jpg
1986 Jaguar XJ-S, V-12 H.E. It may not be an Aston, but it has always been in my Top 5. Every time I drive it, I think how lucky I am to actaully drive one of the few cars that expresses me. Also like the current XK-R Jag, the '63 Split-Window and '67 427ci Vettes, Aston Martin's V8 Vantage and V12 Vanquish, '56 Studebaker Golden Hawk, and darn it, Kai, your Viper's sweet. Regards, Huntsman

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Well this thread has had some ups and downs, hasn't it
smile.gif
I drive about the most impractical car I could find on my budget, a '98 Z3. Â Phenomenal on the German roads in good weather; somewhat more...exciting in the snow. Â With a grand total of zero cargo space (not zero exactly, but still about half of the Boxster's boot space). Â Guys who don't know any better call it periwinkle because it sounds effeminate; girls who do know better call it sea foam. Â I call it unique enough to seal the deal on any number i feel like getting Â
wink.gif
Tom

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Well I finally learned how to post images so I thought I would dig up one of my car. The picture isn't my car, but this on has the same colour combination, just different wheels. My car is a 1971 Volvo 1800e with about 249 000 miles on it. This one is a 1967 I believe, but visually they are the same. It's my first car and my baby. Enjoy.
MyBaby1966P1800.jpg
P.S.>Huntsman your I love your XJ-S, I've always thought they were an elegantly designed car in a sea of 80's boxes. Discostu love the Gelanderwagen, I've lusted after one ever since I saw one in a hotel parking lot when I was 10 (it had been imported). I drove a family friend's a while back and "solid" was the only word I could say while driving it.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Well I finally learned how to post images so I thought I would dig up one of my car. The picture isn't my car, but this on has the same colour combination, just different wheels. My car is a 1971 Volvo 1800e with about 249 000 miles on it. This one is a 1967 I believe, but visually they are the same. It's my first car and my baby. Enjoy.
MyBaby1966P1800.jpg
Very Classy. Pretty sure that Simon Templar (Roger Moore) drove one of those in The Saint. I've always liked those Volvos. Can't quite figure out why they stopped making sports cars. Kai

Jofaile

Reaction score
I currently drive a Pearl Black 2000 Audi A4 1.8T with a few alterations: new 18" RH Evolution wheels and Neuspeed Cold Air Intake. I like the car a lot. However, if I had the money, I would definitely put myself on the waiting list for a Saleen S7.
cool.gif

ViroBono

Reaction score
I drive a Volvo V70 2.5 GLS. Loads of space, fast enough for me and very comfortable.

stevo4

Reaction score
My Daily Driver is a 1989 Nissan 240sx with over 200k miles on it and never had an engine rebuild (yet). I love the car and used to have a roll cage and racing harnesses in it when i used to do time trials, Auto Crossses, Monte Carlo and TSD Road rallyes. My special occasion car is a 1973 Series 3 Lamborghini Espada that i restored in 1999. I've had it at Montery with the Lambo Club from 2000-2004. Espada Stevo

johnw86

Reaction score
A medium-blue 2002 Ford Mustang.

A few years ago I had a job interview in Southern California. I flew into Ontario, got a Mustang from the rental agency and pulled onto Route 66. The sun was shining and the Beach Boys came on the radio, and I thought "this is what life is supposed to be."

Couldn't duplicate most of the experience, but I got the car.

Kaga

Reaction score
When I bought it I lived in Calaveras County CA, which is in the Sierra Foothills. The local roads there defined twisty.
So is your car called "The Jumping Frog"?

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A 2002 BMW 525i. Full options and a DVD-mod for the onboard nav-system.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads