• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ah GF didn't see the textuals. Which era? I'm guessing V8.

Ima need an image of this bad boy, stat, P&T. :)

E46. Just like IRL, I rock a 6'er and not an 8 :slayer:.

Getting back into the M3 was weird. The steering was immediately super, super stiff compared to the numb camry's. The high seating position was a reality check as well. Oh well, at least I can see more of the road (at the expense of dat hair bumping into the roof from time 2 time).

Felt good to rev-match downshifT!!

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Glad to see the GF chronicles have had a happy ending! Hopefully no weird lights were blinking when you got it back.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prices for GranTurismos are becoming palpable (in particular, low mileage, 70k '12/'13 MCs. Hmm.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

E46. Just like IRL, I rock a 6'er and not an 8 :slayer:.

Getting back into the M3 was weird. The steering was immediately super, super stiff compared to the numb camry's. The high seating position was a reality check as well. Oh well, at least I can see more of the road (at the expense of dat hair bumping into the roof from time 2 time).

Felt good to rev-match downshifT!!

Besides, the S65 was a cross plane semi-wet sump 8 with a strange firing order. Who wants that? - amiright?

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prices for GranTurismos are becoming palpable (in particular, low mileage, 70k '12/'13 MCs. Hmm.
Prices will continue to drop, especially when the replacement arrives. They have quirky problems. I know a guy that has one, and he always has issues with it. Personally, I'd pass on it.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are not that good looking either

Completely hideous.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I completely agree. The rear valence of the MC does fix things to an extent, however.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Def an improvement. It's mainly the taillights IMO. I wish they looked "edgier" and I hate that I said that. They just don't look very special and I'd want them to stand out in a unique way if I were shelling that kind of coin.

Looks aside, the transmission would bother me too, I feel. I've never driven one but I'd demand a dual clutch transmission if my supercar is gonna be an "automatic."

Last edited:

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, this weekend I completed the work on my Acura RL. The harmonic balancer pulley (crank pulley) was completely shot. There's a rubber dampener between the crank disc and the grooved serpentine belt pulley ring which had deteriorated to the point were they were no longer attached. The alignment was off by an inch, causing the belt squeal and peripheral device malfunctions.

While in there I did the timing belt replacement, tensioners, idler pulleys, water pump, power steering pump (was making a clicking sound), serpentine belt (along with the idlers and tensioners), a lightweight aluminium crank pulley upgrade, spark plugs, new coolant and P/S fluid, along with an oil change. Lost the P/S reservoir cap in all the madness so I have a replacement arriving this week. Took 9 hours in total because I lost a bracket bolt which I had to search in the odds and ends bucket for a replacement and also forgot the center recessed bolt in the lower timing cover, which required a partial disassembly to get back to.

The crank pulley bolt as also a major pain ********** to break off (385 ft/lb impact didn't come close to removing it, even with the heavy weight impact socket). I had to get a 4 foot cheater bar on top of a breaker all driving through 24" half-inch socket extension. The sound when it came loose was like a gunshot.

Everything sounds and works just as expected,still drives like a dream, and should continue to do so for another 7 years or 105k miles :slayer:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads