• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Problem is, the ticket's written. I don't think he can do anything to change it now. I suppose you can collude with him and have him not show up to court, but he'll at least want a ** for that

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does the fact that it's written matter, though? Does that mean it's permanent? I've read on Google about people who've gotten their tickets dismissed (whatever that means, technically) after getting written up and not have to show up the court, almost as if the cop just tore the ticket and trashed it.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
You might want to check with your cop buddy if he's cool with you dropping his name. I happen to have some cops in my extended social circle and it seems to me they hate it when people try to name drop them and also hate it when people think name dropping to them will help. In fact I know a cop's wife that tried to name drop her husband and it turned out the cop that had her pulled over hates her husband...she got jammed for all he could write her for.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You might want to check with your cop buddy if he's cool with you dropping his name. I happen to have some cops in my extended social circle and it seems to me they hate it when people try to name drop them and also hate it when people think name dropping to them will help. In fact I know a cop's wife that tried to name drop her husband and it turned out the cop that had her pulled over hates her husband...she got jammed for all he could write her for.

I can definitely see that bothering them.

Thing is, I don't know the cop, directly. The cab driver I use every week does and he said he's helped him out in the past. How? I have no idea. I don't know what my cab driver buddy is going to say and I have no idea how this works.

I'm just sitting on ****** and waiting to hear back from my cab buddy come Friday / next Monday.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just pay the ticket?

That's what normal people do when they get a speeding ticket

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

That's what normal people do when they get a speeding ticket

You do see the problem with this statement here, right?

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't been pulled over in a long time (knock on wood), maybe because I was running a laser jammer and radar detector for awhile before they became illegal in Texas. However, I was thinking what the best way to get out of a ticket is. I'm thinking about possibly stuttering really badly when talking to the cop and maybe he'll feel bad or something. Thoughts? Is that really bad? :embar:

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I had to drive a visitor back to airport the other day and we were way late, just gambling on his plane ticket at that point - super smooth empty highway and the speed limit was 100kph - I did 200 most of the way. I think that's about a buck twenty five in mph but for the few cars I'd pass it seemed like they were just sitting still in the right lane. haha. Over here they have actual signs warning you of when the speed the traps are coming up, by distance, giving you plenty of time and distance to slow down. wtf? lol

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had to drive a visitor back to airport the other day and we were way late, just gambling on his plane ticket at that point - super smooth empty highway and the speed limit was 100kph - I did 200 most of the way. I think that's about a buck twenty five in mph but for the few cars I'd pass it seemed like they were just sitting still in the right lane. haha. Over here they have actual signs warning you of when the speed the traps are coming up, by distance, giving you plenty of time and distance to slow down. wtf? lol

Those warnings are usually not there because they don't want you to get a ticket but because they want you to slow down since the sections following the sign are "high-risk" sections. Therefore, because everyone knows there will be traffic cameras, everyone will slow down, and the number of accidents goes down.
In Germany, there are cameras that don't get announced by road signs too (temporary cameras, for example--the real cash cows--, but stationary ones too). I'm sure that's the case in Korea (that's where you're staying at the moment, right?) too.

Last edited:

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speeding tickets - and what can happen once they are issued, varies by jurisdiction. Typically, once a ticket is issued, an officer can't rescind it without a major headache. I'd pretty much consider that option gone. I say that based on family members and friends who are/were cops/troopers.

In CT, if you contest a ticket you get a court date. If you know someone in the state attorney's office, you can get them to drop the charge and the ticket is gone with nothing on your record. If you aren't lucky enough to be able to go down that route, you show up to court at your assigned date/time and you speak to the prosecutor first. If you have a clean/relatively clean record, you can likely make a deal - i.e. donate $X to a charity, come back and show me the receipt and we'll drop the charges. IME, there was like a united way desk on site and everything was done in a few minutes. (Don't forget to save your receipt if you itemize). One other time they ran it a bit differently, and a magistrate had to approve the deal - they didn't allow the prosecutor to cut me as much slack and I had to pay a bit more.

In NY, there are lots of small municipal courts. You show up and before your case is called before a magistrate you speak with the officer who issued the ticket. The one time I had to do that he was impressed that I actually showed (and drove a bit of a distance to do so) and we agreed to a reduced charge (inexpensive parking violation).

I've never done a name drop, but I used to have police stuff in my car - e.g., nearby city uniform arm band or hat. If pulled over it would inevitably lead to "So who's the cop?" and saved ****** a number of times.

Now that I've moved out of state (and am a bit older and wiser) I'm past that stage. The Valentine 1 helps too.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
M2 rumoured: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=936905

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/bmw/2-series/85308/bmw-m2-coupe-likely

Rumoured as a 4cyl vs the 6 in the m235i

BMW want the fastest four cylinder car in its segment. They also want the M2 to be the most progressive and dynamic car in its segment as well as the lightest performance car. They want a car that has a soul, unlike the Mercedes-Benz AMG A45/CLA 45 which are soulless to drive.

Speculative renderings:
attachment.php

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics