1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

It is indeed a 275 GTB. And it looks like a two cam/ short nose car ('64 - 66). Those are the "cheapest" of all 275 GTBs but now also bring $2M +. Stunningly gorgeous and one of the best driving vintage Ferraris. 440 made, not including convertibles and competition models. A competition special of those sold in Monterey last year for over $26M and a convertible version of it in 2013 for over $27M. Plain Jane coupes are cheap in comparison. Get one while you can ...

I keep playing with cheaper shit. Prepping the '53 Appia for the upcoming California Mille and chased it up Mt. Wilson, over to Malibu, up Topanga and down Tuna Canyon. And then went shopping in typical LA traffic. The car performed like a champ.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    4 people like this.
  2. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Spot on.

I go Hulk-smash mode angry when some pleb steps on my AE seconds on the subway. Poor people, SMH.

3. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Maybe it's because we have like 50 Aventadors or something insane like that, but I never see people paying exotics much mind here in Vancouver. I'm sure it's different in other cities, but I wouldn't hesitate to daily an exotic here. But holy fuck would I get pissed if I found some cow like the one in that video sitting on mine to pose for a photo.

4. culverwood

culverwood Senior member

That video of girls on the Aventador was from London and in the summer when the Middle Eastern and Russian owners of much of central London come to play it is supercar nirvana. That does not stop people from pawing them.

5. mimo

mimo Senior member

The use of the word "bint" (Arabic for girl) is apposite: the number plates are Saudi.

I sort of understand why people would take pictures with something they find unusual and noteworthy, probably more than why someone would need to post internet pictures with their own car. But sharing here is ok :)

6. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

The Pagani is owned by Yazeed Al-Rajhi.

A VERY large part of London is owned by foreign investors, especially middle eastern sovereign wealth funds.

Qatar owns something like 30 billion dollars worth of real estate in the UK.

The new round of investors coming in are Indian, Malaysian and Chinese, it's a Malaysian company that owns the Battersea Powerstation development, which is valued in the £8 billion range.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  7. mimo

mimo Senior member

Not a very large part. Just a very expensive part.

8. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

9. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

the same people who take pictures of themselves at landmarks

10. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

No one is saying don't take pictures of the actual car, we're saying don't sit on the car/pretend like you own it

11. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

So if it was a skinny chick, you wouldn't have a problem?

12. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

People shouldn't lean on, sit on, touch, lick, key etc. other peoples property, without the owners consent /end.

And that goes for everyone.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. venividivicibj

What, are you going to complain if Olivia Munn is straddling your car?

14. brokencycle

Without prior consent? Yes.

15. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

She'd have to be punished for being so very, very naughty.

16. Beckwith

Beckwith Senior member

No Lehman handshakes for Pio!

17. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

TC is balla. My only hope is that he has to suffer by driving from their George Bush airport to Katy twice a day. Otherwise, I'm just jealous.

18. venividivicibj

She doesn't need consent.

19. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Really? Same reason why people feel a need to join and post dumb shit on twitter or grab at chicks on the street. Because it exists and there's [usually] nothing to stop them.

20. brokencycle

Maybe to sit on your car... Look, my point is that it is hypocritical for you to say "person x can just sit on anyone's car (or other property) without asking; however, super attractive person y can do what they want."

I don't want people sitting on or touching my car/motorcycle/stuff without my consent. It doesn't matter who they are.

2 people like this.