1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Beckwith

Beckwith Senior member

Even though I don't live in Manhattan, 4 of my last 5 cars were purchased there. I find the deals at the "factory" showrooms to beat any local competition.

2. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Senior member

Sounds like it's significantly more cost effective to rent one for the weekend any time you want one (and buy the "I really can afford my own Ferrari; it's just too big a pain in the ass to own" t-shirt).

3. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

In an ideal world, cost effectiveness wouldnt be a major consideration when deciding on a super car.

AKA gotta be a balla

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  4. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

Very cool! I actually went the other direction. Had 2 modern 911s before I decided I wanted to buy my childhood dream car and burn a pile of money. LOL The sad thing is that 911s don't really do it for me anymore.

5. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Senior member

Sort of like going back to just holding hands?

6. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

This would piss me the fk off.

take pics, fine, but you really gonna sit on the car?

7. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

I saw a guy sit on a guy's Ducati while a friend took pictures a couple weeks ago.

8. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

The guy in the 6x6 is the Pagani owners security guard.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

9. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

That makes me go :fu:

Stupid bints

10. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

I saw this in Paris last year. Hard to take a picture of it without someone in the way. You guys know the model?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Senior member

why do people feel the need to pose on, and take pictures with, cars that are not theirs? I will never understand.

12. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

They're stupid.

1 person likes this.
  13. oneeightyseven

looks like a Ferrari 275GTB. Beautiful, beautiful machine.

edit: it appears that this model came with a V12. wow.

edit 2: apparently some of these have sold in excess of $1,000,000. Assuming this was not a kit-car, you have seen a unicorn.

1 person likes this.
  14. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

When you find out let me know, I went to a car show last summer, where Ferrari had a stand with big signs "Please, don't touch the cars" and people still put their greasy paws all over them.

15. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

People that have never had nice things do not understand what it's like to have some asshole damage your nice thing so feel free to act out their Twitter fantasies.

1 person likes this.
  16. oneeightyseven

What I struggle with is the purpose of it all.

Are they somehow augmenting their image because, by sheer happenstance, they were in the same location as somebody else who has the means to afford a vehicle like that? Or are they trying to portray the implication that they somehow own said vehicle? I see this a lot with the millennial generation and social media, and the question often crosses my mind. I will see an instagram-famous girl, whom I know drives a C-class, posing on/in the driver's seat of a {insert exotic luxury vehicle here}.

I wholly agree that there is a sort of dissonance with regards to the the impact of their actions because they have never been in the position (nor have I, but I tend to respect other people's property)

17. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I think it's just lack of frame of reference. Being a StyFo dood you have to own some nice clothes. Ever have someone with greasy or otherwise dirty hands try to touch your clothes? When I first started dressing better I found ties were a magnet for greasy fingers and now make all attempts to not have people touch them. It's just not in their mind that they might damage something nice through their actions as they've never had an object they strove to acquire and had it ruined/damaged by the thoughtless actions of another.

18. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Hey, 187 is back

1 person likes this.
  19. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

@piob, no comments on the new RR, I'm hurt! Lol. Hope you're doing well my friend.

20. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Hey, bud, I put one in the thumbs comment! It looks great and I'm way jelly of that juicy SC engine.