• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Toyota won't do that, I think. They're all about the glowing blue badge hybrids and ****. To give you an idea of how little they care about performance, they actually make a 545hp V8TT TRD version of the new Crown Athlete in Japan now, but I can't even find info on it, even in Japanese.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OMG - substantive discussion. Screenshot this, we may not see it again for months.

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Toyota won't do that, I think. They're all about the glowing blue badge hybrids and ****. To give you an idea of how little they care about performance, they actually make a 545hp V8TT TRD version of the new Crown Athlete in Japan now, but I can't even find info on it, even in Japanese.

Well, again, this is based on a quote from the President ordering his Chief Engineer to make a Supra successor post-haste. There are a few articles out there with the substance of ghosts to corroborate this, but it's a lead nonetheless. I have to imagine that they've taken note of the GT-R price structure and how it 's continuing to sell. They started at what, 75k in '08 and now retail for 110k? And continue to hold steady sales?

Plus the new NSX is coming out and the Evo is all about dead. If it's anywhere from $50-100k I think there's market space for it.

GTR is 550hp / AWD / 3800 lbs. Love to see the new Supra be 450 hp / RWD / 1000 lbs lighter and super tuneable.

Last edited:

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For grins, I got a 328xi (new edition, only 6k miles) as a rental last week. I'd tried the previous version, but this is quieter, with more power and more room inside. Probably what the 5 series was aiming to be 25 years ago, but I like it nonetheless. I still can't justify letting go of my 2004 9-5, but if I ever did this would be a very decent replacement.

Last edited:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For grins, I got a 328xi (new edition, only 6k miles) as a rental last week. I'd tried the previous version, but this is quieter, with more power and more room inside. Probably what the 5 series was aiming to be 25 years ago, but I like it nonetheless. I still can't justify letting go of my 2004 9-5, but if I ever did this would be a very decent replacement.

I very much want one of the F30 328i when I leave New York. We'll see if it actually happens, but right now it's my plan.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
:lol:

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, but betraying your thesis, I'm not acting like it, whereas you are with your ceaseless whining.

I skip posts from people talking about carrs I don't like or don't have any interest in - why can't you do the same?

-H

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, but betraying your thesis, I'm not acting like it, whereas you are with your ceaseless whining.

I skip posts from people talking about carrs I don't like or don't have any interest in - why can't you do the same?

-H

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If my only interest was BMW, I would post there (likewise, I would join a BMW forum), but my interests are more broad.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If my only interest was BMW, I would post there (likewise, I would join a BMW forum), but my interests are more broad.

Sorry, you're correct. The thread is meant for others.

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone know what might cause uneven rear tire wear?

More specifically, the rear right tire on my car is significantly more worn down than the rear left tire. The tread depth is almost entirely gone on the right, whereas the left still had some depth.

Tire pressure is at 38 PSI for all four tires and the PO said he aligned the car when he installed the eibachs and after 1000 miles of installing it, aligned them again.

Maybe it needs another alignment? Thoughts?

It'd feel wasteful to buy four more tires when the other three have plenty of tread left.. Any way I can salvage this situation? Maybe purposely don't realign the car and just swap the two rear tires with each other to induce more even wear?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics