1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. horndog

horndog Distinguished Member

Speaking of high performance hybrids... The next Toyota Supra (greenlit after the success of the FR-S) is rumored to run a 2.5 liter hybrid. Way too early to tell much or if it'll stay, but whatever they decide, I'd love to see it wildly different than the GT-R but give it a run for its money. Need some new blood in Japanese high performance.

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Stylish Dinosaur

Toyota won't do that, I think. They're all about the glowing blue badge hybrids and shit. To give you an idea of how little they care about performance, they actually make a 545hp V8TT TRD version of the new Crown Athlete in Japan now, but I can't even find info on it, even in Japanese.

3. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

OMG - substantive discussion. Screenshot this, we may not see it again for months.

4. horndog

horndog Distinguished Member

Well, again, this is based on a quote from the President ordering his Chief Engineer to make a Supra successor post-haste. There are a few articles out there with the substance of ghosts to corroborate this, but it's a lead nonetheless. I have to imagine that they've taken note of the GT-R price structure and how it 's continuing to sell. They started at what, 75k in '08 and now retail for 110k? And continue to hold steady sales?

Plus the new NSX is coming out and the Evo is all about dead. If it's anywhere from $50-100k I think there's market space for it.

GTR is 550hp / AWD / 3800 lbs. Love to see the new Supra be 450 hp / RWD / 1000 lbs lighter and super tuneable.

Last edited: May 19, 2013

5. Concordia

Concordia Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

For grins, I got a 328xi (new edition, only 6k miles) as a rental last week. I'd tried the previous version, but this is quieter, with more power and more room inside. Probably what the 5 series was aiming to be 25 years ago, but I like it nonetheless. I still can't justify letting go of my 2004 9-5, but if I ever did this would be a very decent replacement.

6. aravenel

aravenel Distinguished Member

I very much want one of the F30 328i when I leave New York. We'll see if it actually happens, but right now it's my plan.

7. Huntsman

Huntsman Distinguished Member

Oh, shut up already.

8. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Stylish Dinosaur

:spew:

:thumbs-up:

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

:lol:

10. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

Don't blame me, you bought the douce ride.

11. Huntsman

Yes, but betraying your thesis, I'm not acting like it, whereas you are with your ceaseless whining.

I skip posts from people talking about carrs I don't like or don't have any interest in - why can't you do the same?

-H

12. Huntsman

Yes, but betraying your thesis, I'm not acting like it, whereas you are with your ceaseless whining.

I skip posts from people talking about carrs I don't like or don't have any interest in - why can't you do the same?

-H

13. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

There is now a thread dedicated to BMW, you won't need to skip any posts there.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/348236/bmw-only

14. Huntsman

If my only interest was BMW, I would post there (likewise, I would join a BMW forum), but my interests are more broad.

15. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

Sorry, you're correct. The thread is meant for others.

Last edited: May 20, 2013